website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Count

A bit of a battle between Canada, NZ and Hungary for 11th position on the medal tally. But if Canada win the women's beach volleyball you'd have to think they'll be favs.

23 hours ago, avlar said:

Our xM for Day 14 (realistic/optimistic).

Day 14: 1,5xM / 2,5xM

Our xM for Day 15 (realistic/optimistic).

Day 15: 2,5xM / 3,5xM

17 minutes ago, avlar said:

And 6 medals for Italy ;)

But I would count only 1 medal for Ukraine right now. Weight control is tomorrow

The day started badly for us but ended great. We won many unexpected medals again but we also took some 4th places. These games are totally crazy for us but also unlucky. I'm counting on Tambieri the most tomorrow and on Sunday on women's volleyball team. The last time we won gold in a team sport was in 2004 in women's water polo.

42 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The day started badly for us but ended great. We won many unexpected medals again but we also took some 4th places. These games are totally crazy for us but also unlucky. I'm counting on Tambieri the most tomorrow and on Sunday on women's volleyball team. The last time we won gold in a team sport was in 2004 in women's water polo.

Do you have a 3rd big gold chance? Asking as a concerned brit that we're gonna get swamped by europe in the next two days 🤯

I see you germany with your handball and beach volley finals, and you netherlands

Canada has won the exact same medal combination as in Tokyo (a later reallocation switched a Bronze to silver). Still a few chances for medals and hopefully we can win a few. The next medal would mean Canada's best ever non boycotted games performance.

Considering the amount of bad luck and stuff that didn't go our away, I consider this a miracle

16 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Do you have a 3rd big gold chance? Asking as a concerned brit that we're gonna get swamped by europe in the next two days 🤯

I see you germany with your handball and beach volley finals, and you netherlands

Maybe Elena Micheli in Modern Pentathlon? She was a World Champion in 2022 and 2023 but I don`t know if she suffer too many losses in fencing? I don't know much about this discipline and only follow the results because of the good performances of the Italians.

Edited by copravolley

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Canada has won the exact same medal combination as in Tokyo (a later reallocation switched a Bronze to silver). Still a few chances for medals and hopefully we can win a few. The next medal would mean Canada's best ever non boycotted games performance.

Considering the amount of bad luck and stuff that didn't go our away, I consider this a miracle

I hear ya! *cough* skeet shooting *cough* sailing abandonments *cough*

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It's the same with Italy. We took 20x 4th or 5th place here (judo, which means de facto 1st place on the podium). Today alone we took another 5x 4th place. You have to remember, however, that`s no ROC here. They won 71 medals in Tokyo, including 20 gold. Someone had to take those medals from them. Probably most of them the USA and China but other countries also.

Edited by copravolley