website statistics

Paris 2024 ideas thread Road to Paris 2024

Mkbw50

16 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I am almost willing to bet that everyday BBC coverage will have at least 1 insert talking about sustainability and environmental impact of the games, which would be fine if they didn't prioritise it over showing some live action.

Thankfully not a problem I'll have, unless I use a VPN.

Unfortunately, I have to put up with the US commentators. Which is always fun.

I kinda like this. The funny thing is you can literally just get the train from London and it takes like two hours.

I will have BBC One on the big screen but most things will be on Eurosport

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

47 minutes ago, RussB said:

I had thought it would be Max as Murray did it in 2016

helen glover on the women’s side ?

oh yeah glover is definitly getting it isn't she, brain spazzed out there. 

i think they could give it to murray as its going to be his last tournament (hopefully) before his legs fall off

Im hoping for Max as its his swansong too (although not sure if he will do any comps post Olympics). But yes it could well be Andy again! Out of those 2 i think, or maybe Carl Hester - at this point ive lost count of what Olympics it is for him!

1 hour ago, RussB said:

Im hoping for Max as its his swansong too (although not sure if he will do any comps post Olympics). But yes it could well be Andy again! Out of those 2 i think, or maybe Carl Hester - at this point ive lost count of what Olympics it is for him!

7 for Hester, equalling Skelton, and Hestor might not be a bad shout - Dressage's sudden rise needs recognised and Hester is the wellspring of the whole thing, plus he's one of the few openly LGB male Olympians from GB and it's his 7th go

My 'fear' is Tom Daley because...and i'm not proud of this...I can't abide him. Pure nails on a blackboard stuff.

9 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

7 for Hester, equalling Skelton, and Hestor might not be a bad shout - Dressage's sudden rise needs recognised and Hester is the wellspring of the whole thing, plus he's one of the few openly LGB male Olympians from GB and it's his 7th go

My 'fear' is Tom Daley because...and i'm not proud of this...I can't abide him. Pure nails on a blackboard stuff.

Yes I think it would be a nice touch to offer it to Carl, he is the bedrock of the team, including buying ImHoTep who Charlotte has been partnered with for the past few years and is riding in the dressage events in Paris.

16 hours ago, Olympicsnell said:

Who do we think will be flagbearer(s) at the opening ceremony?

Murray? Whitlock?

From the womens side emily campbell? Maybe KJT?

Isn't Whitlock competing on the Saturday morning? Normally the athletes who are competing on the first day don't even attend the opening ceremony because of the time it takes.