website statistics

[POLL-SWIMMING] Which country will be the King of Pool at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Which country will be the King of Pool at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will be the King of Pool?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/2024 at 11:20 AM

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

8 gold? I'd like what you are smoking please

Think I might have had a bit too much of the old optimism and ambition last night. In a follow up post I did downgrade one of my golds to a bronze and removed a bronze as I forgot about Pan in the 100m Free, so my revised prediction is 7 gold, 3 silver and 5 bronze. However, in a lot of the events I have us winning gold (the men's free sprints and the 10km) there are about 7 or 8 different nations with swimmers who could win gold so it's not like I've gone unrealistic, I've just given :GBR the nod in most of those scenarios. Either way if we can get more than 4 golds and close to 15 medals then I'd be more than happy. 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Think I might have had a bit too much of the old optimism and ambition last night. In a follow up post I did downgrade one of my golds to a bronze and removed a bronze as I forgot about Pan in the 100m Free, so my revised prediction is 7 gold, 3 silver and 5 bronze. However, in a lot of the events I have us winning gold (the men's free sprints and the 10km) there are about 7 or 8 different nations with swimmers who could win gold so it's not like I've gone unrealistic, I've just given :GBR the nod in most of those scenarios. Either way if we can get more than 4 golds and close to 15 medals then I'd be more than happy. 

This is much more realistic...

My "realistic" prediction:

Hungary

4 gold 3 silver 5 bronze

Gold: Rasovszky 10 km, Milak 100 and 200 butterfly, Kós 200 backstroke

Silver: Betlehem 10 km, Kós 200 medley, Jackl 400 medley

Bronze: Kós 100 backstore, Németh 100 free Molnar 200 backstroke, Padar 200 free, Fábián 10 km

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

When you have sprinters like Matt Richards, Duncan Scott and Ben Proud in your squad you're pretty much guaranteed a medal with each of those athletes in 50m, 100m and 200m. For the record, here's where I place our medals: 

Gold - Men's 50m Free, Men's 200m Free, Men's 100m Breast, Men's 10km Open Water No Way, not even close to medal, let's forget it about gold, Men's 4x200 Free Relay, Men's 4x100m Medley Relay Good Luck :p, Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay twice good luck :p:p

Silver - Men's 100m Backstroke not even in the wettest dreams, Men's 200m Free, Men's 4x100m Free Relay

Bronze - Men's 50m Free, Women's 400m IM, Women's 100m Breastroke if it happens, I'm gonna bath in my beloved Naviglio :yikes::rofl:, Men's 100m Free, Men's 200m Backstroke gotta have a very strong faith

I changed a few from my original prediction as I forgot about Pan in the 100m Free, so it's now 7 Gold, 3 Silver and 5 Bronze. But other than a few potential longshots I think that's a realistic prediction. 

If you think Canada is gonna finish ahead of us and in 3rd then you are very much mistaken. The most golds you'll get is 5 or 6 and that's if Summer near enough wins all her events which she won't. Australia and America will dominate as usual and less than 10 golds will be good enough for 3rd.   

not saying that :GBR aren't gonna win a lot of medals, but I think you've been really optimistic

Edited by phelps

1. Swimmers that I'm most excited for
Siobhan Haughey, Jordan Croocks, Diogo Ribeiro probably. Always hope for the smaller countries to edge out Australia, China and USA in some events. In that sense I also hope the Italian, British and Canadian relay teams will be doing well.

2. Brave predictions
Australian girls will not get a medal in 200 free. Lana Pudar will take home a medal in 200 fly. China will beat Australia in swimming medal table.

3. Country predictions
Corbeau 4th in 200 breast, no chance on a medal there. Kamminga won't be strong at all. Schouten will take the gold, however. Also, Steenbergen takes home one bronze on 100/200 Free, probably on the 100. For Spain, Hugo Gonzalez will make 2 finals and will finish 6th as his best result. That's it.

4 hours ago, tjunior said:

This is much more realistic...

My "realistic" prediction:

Hungary

4 gold 3 silver 5 bronze

Gold: Rasovszky 10 km, Milak 100 and 200 butterfly, Kós 200 backstroke

Silver: Betlehem 10 km, Kós 200 medley, Jackl 400 medley

Bronze: Kós 100 backstore, Németh 100 free Molnar 200 backstroke, Padar 200 free, Fábián 10 km

You've literally just been as optimistic with Hungary as I have with GB. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't call it much more realistic than mine from a Hungary perspective. 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

not saying that :GBR aren't gonna win a lot of medals, but I think you've been really optimistic

I probably have, and there's a chance a couple I said would win a medal don't even make the final. But with how open half the events are this year and the amount of gold medal contenders there are in them it's hard not to give the nod to your home nation. 

8 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I have to be honest that I thought I was being over-optimistic where I thought :GBR would win 25 golds overall but I only predicted 2 in swimming....

Golds for GB look like they come down to a very high shot with men’s 4x2, 50/50 shots with peaty and proud.

good chance with Richards or Scott in the 200m (maybe not quite a 50% chance of a gold). I’ve gone bullish on all those 4 coming in but things can go the other way and despite medals may mean a less impressive haul. Good thing GB has going is that the squad is strong so they could be right there for a shock gold or 2 if a fav for whatever reason doesn’t perform at the games or there is a relay f* up.

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

You've literally just been as optimistic with Hungary as I have with GB. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't call it much more realistic than mine from a Hungary perspective. 

My version is completely unrealistic...