website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Totallympics

13 hours ago, rajiv said:

If, as is likely, the Olympic cricket tournament is a 6 or 8 team affair then USA should not be a participant.

Fancy USA taking the place of Bangladesh or Sri Lanka for instance. Cricket is their national sport and their only chance for participating in an Olympic team sport.

I don't think Greece fielded a team in hockey in the Athens Olympics so there is a precedent.

I recall that there was a real argument about GB participating in basketball as they were several levels below the 2nd weakest team.

I doubt that Australia would throw a major tantrum if they were excluded from the Brisbane Games Handball tournament 

GB in men's basketball won 1 game by 30 pts (vs China) and lost by 1 pt to the silver medalists Spain. Our women lost all their games but even they were competitive.

Now our handball teams, they *were* outclassed.

13 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The ever consistent :NZL has been knocked out in the first round of ICC Men's T20 WC. They have been runners up a couple of times including 2021 edition and reached semis in most edition. But in an expanded 20 team WC they fail to reach Super 8s 

From India's perspective this is good news. New Zealand and Sri Lanka were to be in India's group if they had qualified. These are the only two teams India has never defeated in T20 World Cups