website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

Horrible evening for us :facepalm:

First of all I didn't even know Tsoukala made the semis of the women's 100m, but out as expected, as with Gkaragkanis in the men's 200m.

I was really looking forward to Emmanouilidou in the semis of the women's 100m and Zaltos in the men's hammer final.

Zaltos finishing last in the men's hammer final with his worst performance of the 9 meets he's participated in so far this year...

And Emmanouilidou, well she wasn't poor but she already had 11.21 in the heats so I expected something better tonight but it was 11.21 again, which is the third time she equaled her PB. I'm still waiting for her to get a new PB again :sleep: but I guess I shouldn't be too greedy and remember she is only 20 yo :d

Good to see :BUL Nacheva back and doing well, I remember her and :GRE Karydi a few years ago seemed like the future of the European women's triple jump, and Nacheva fell off for a few years and then so did Karydi, now Nacheva is thriving again, so maybe there is still hope for Karydi! Regardless it is important for Bulgaria to have another big name in athletics just as Demireva is retiring and Lalova is already retired.