website statistics

BMX Cycling UCI Racing World Championships 2024

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Does this event have priority or the Olympic Rankings?

The Rankings.

1 place will go here to the highest placed NOC who doesn't already qualify through the rankings, or who hasn't qualified at one of the continental champs/last year's WC.

Women:

1. :USA Alise Willoughby

2. :SUI Zoe Claessens

3. :USA Daleny Vaughn

Men:

1. :FRA Joris Daudet

2. :NED Niek Kimmann

3. :FRA Sylvain Andre

I missed the race, but based on a +10 seconds finish, I assume :AUS Sakakibara had a fall in the final. Just like :COL Pajon and :GBR Shriever in the semifinal, resulting in a very surprising womens podium.

Meanwhile on the men's side a pretty expected podium. I predict we'll see Daudet, Andre and Mahieu represent :FRA in Paris, and it wouldn't surprise me if 2 of them reach the podium there as well. Hopefully 2nd place for Kimmann and semi finals for Brink and Van den Burg are enough to secure a 2nd quota in the ranking. Unlucky tournament for :GBR with White also falling in the final.

22 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Women:

1. :USA Alise Willoughby

2. :SUI Zoe Claessens

3. :USA Daleny Vaughn

Men:

1. :FRA Joris Daudet

2. :NED Niek Kimmann

3. :FRA Sylvain Andre

I missed the race, but based on a +10 seconds finish, I assume :AUS Sakakibara had a fall in the final. Just like :COL Pajon and :GBR Shriever in the semifinal, resulting in a very surprising womens podium.

Meanwhile on the men's side a pretty expected podium. I predict we'll see Daudet, Andre and Mahieu represent :FRA in Paris, and it wouldn't surprise me if 2 of them reach the podium there as well. Hopefully 2nd place for Kimmann and semi finals for Brink and Van den Burg are enough to secure a 2nd quota in the ranking. Unlucky tournament for :GBR with White also falling in the final.

:NED are all but guaranteed a 2nd quota on the men's side.

The fight for the final double quota spot will come down to :GBR v :USA. Will be interesting to see the next rankings list when it comes out on Tuesday to see whether the gap between the two nations is small enough for GB to move into 8th place after the Europeans at the end of the month.

Agree this has been a pretty poor World Champs for :GBR - not because Whyte didn't perform in the final, but Isidore crashed out in the 1/8 finals and Ross Cullen couldn't even make it out of the repechage. 

13 hours ago, Jinzha said:

No fall for Sakakibara, she started decently, but got swallowed up in the first turn and basically was out of it from then on. Pajon fell indeed, Shriever fell but was already out of contention when she did.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:NED are all but guaranteed a 2nd quota on the men's side.

It's a disappointing time when :NED needs a good result just to secure a 2nd quota...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No se enamoró de Sakakibara, ella comenzó decentemente, pero fue absorbida en el primer turno y básicamente quedó fuera de juego a partir de ese momento. De hecho, Pajón cayó, Shriever cayó, pero ya estaba fuera de competencia cuando lo hizo.

Impossible to predict the podium in women's BMX racing. 

Sakakibara has a hard time in the big events, Shriever seems not to be in good condition, Willoughby reappears, Mariana Pajón was solid but fell in the semis. a coin toss! 

2 hours ago, Dani2024Sports said:

Impossible to predict the podium in women's BMX racing. 

Sakakibara has a hard time in the big events, Shriever seems not to be in good condition, Willoughby reappears, Mariana Pajón was solid but fell in the semis. a coin toss! 

And now since her injury earlier this year, Laura Smulders doesn't seem to have 'it' for now. Of course it is BMX though, there's always going to be tons of potential winners, even more so in the men's event :d