website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently an Australian commentator was cancelled because he joked "you know what women are like, hanging around, doing their makeup" :lol: 

Oh boy. Or, I mean, oh person :p 

By cancel do you mean the "fired from his job and banned for life from working anywhere" variety or the "some people on Twitter are tuttutting him" variety?

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

By cancel do you mean the "fired from his job and banned for life from working anywhere" variety or the "some people on Twitter are tuttutting him" variety?

The first one, I believe? :p 

At least, I doubt he's banned forever, but being fired for a joke (lame as the joke may have been).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At least, I doubt he's banned forever, but being fired for a joke (lame as the joke may have been).

I mean, cancelation is a spectrum.

Big difference between "OBS asking you to take the day off for this to blow over" and "OBS won't work with you ever again" (and obviously lots of stuff in the middle).

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

My cyclist friend, should you be using the word lame related to others after coming up with "If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?" 

Edited by zob79

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

10 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Of topic but when you realise that they canceled Allo Allo, Only Fools and Horses for something that is so benign... Both shows are British national treasure.

But ok, 21st century is so "touchy". 

I would use another word instead of touchy :d

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

Of topic but when you realise that they canceled Allo Allo, Only Fools and Horses for something that is so benign... Both shows are British national treasure.

But ok, 21st century is so "touchy". 

Wait, who and when did someone cancel one of the best comedies of ALL TIME Allo Allo? :yikes: