website statistics

Judo at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Cheering for the flag though, yay :BRA Macedo!

Spoiler

dnNYUp4.jpeg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So only Bellandi has a chance for a medal :( If we win 0 medals, it will be a big failure. We sent a record 13 competitors here, 4 of whom had a real chance for the podium: Scutto, Giuffrida, Lombardo and Bellandi. From the last 3 World Championships we regularly came back with 2-3 medals. Unfortunately, the worst event in this 4-year period was at the Olympics :(

OMG a Dutch win in Paris :hyper: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, copravolley said:

So only Bellandi has a chance for a medal :( If we win 0 medals, it will be a big failure. We sent a record 13 competitors here, 4 of whom had a real chance for the podium: Scutto, Giuffrida, Lombardo and Bellandi. From the last 3 World Championships we regularly came back with 2-3 medals. Unfortunately, the worst event in this 4-year period was at the Olympics :(

Consider that 78% of medals so far were won by seeded (top 8) judokas...and we have 7, by far the highest ever. And Italy had more world medals in the last 3 years than in the past twenty, 2000-2020...this is an epic fail.

Edited by Faramir

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Consider that 78% of medals so far were won by seeded (top 8) judokas...and we have 7, by far the highest ever. And Italy had more world medals in the last 3 years than in the past twenty, 2000-2020...this is an epic fail.

The minimum plan was 2 medals, like in Tokyo, although I was counting on 3. Lombardo and Giuffrida in particular could have easily won bronze medals. Scutto got this 18-year-old from Sweden, who is a great talent. Maybe we should take the World Championships in 2024 less seriously?

By the way, I've had enough of boxing and judo for the next few years :P Unclear rules, controversial judges and constant polemics. I'll stay only with fencing, because at least we win something :P

Edited by copravolley

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

By the way, I've had enough of boxing and judo for the next few years :P Unclear rules, controversial judges and constant polemics.

Same here, I'll switch to sports I also don't understand but athletes with the same nationality as me win, so those are good sports :p 

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

By the way, I've had enough of boxing and judo for the next few years :P Unclear rules, controversial judges and constant polemics.

The controversy in judo is nothing compared to boxing. The only problem was what happened in 57 kg where Deguchi won gold by doing nothing in the last two bouts :lol: