website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

17 minutes ago, RussB said:

showing my age here but what is Yuf? :hyper:

GB smashing Tonga in 7s to continue their hopes to the semi finals.

You mean you never smoked Yuf? Where were you?

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Is MacDonald the one that looks like a maths teacher clinging on to his youth and wants to be "down with the cool kids"?

Like the BBC commentators Tim Worwood and Ed Leigh on both this and snowboarding, freestyle skiing, etc. who are always so "stoked."

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Didn't you just die a little inside writing that? You're a hero, my man.

Slightly, but tbh I reckon I'll start wilting away once I start watching at start trying to figure out how he can win the quota. 

Something which does make this event somewhat worthwhile though is the names of some of the B-Girl. My personal favourites are B-Girl Syssy, B-Girl Spidergirl, B-Girl MadMax and B-Girl Isis. Dunno how the Ecuadorian got away with that last one. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

GB looked good against Tonga, better than South Africa did against Uganda who struggled to cope with the poor conditions but luckily for them so did Uganda who arguably struggled more.   

24 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

I wouldn't read too much into the QFs. Uganda are arguably a better team than Tonga right now.

Regardless South Africa looked really poor and struggled with the conditions, both us and Spain would've beat them there.

GBR played really well and were able to shut it down in the 2nd half to save some energy. Which will be crucial for the final if they make it

Sunni knocked out in last place in his group and most likely won't qualify. Have to say that was one of the worst and most confusing things I've watched in my life. The ones who did the better moves never won for some reason, and the B-Boy who picked the track tended to be the one who won.