website statistics

Boxing Olympic Rankings Road to Paris 2024

Ogreman

This is awfully lot of quota for POL in W boxing (5). Well, I would love it if it works like that but I seriously doubt it. If they couldn't make it in the European Games at home, I don't see it coming in the world tournaments (I know that probably the best boxers will not be there as they are already qualified but still...). I say 2 quotas for POL, maybe 3 (that would be awesome). And i do hope you are right about Damian Durkacz and he will be through - would be nice to have at least one male boxer in Paris for a NOC which had so many olympic medals in boxing in the past.

16 hours ago, Josh said:

GREAT JOB!

In Polish national team I think that the biggest chance has Damian Durkacz as you wrote. But in my opinion Mateusz Bereźnicki (92 kg) is underrated, he is polish numeber 2 IMO.

It would be great if 5 POL W qualify, but I agree with rafalgorka that it would be hard. But I am sure about Wójcik and Rygielska. Szeremeta is a big talent and I also think she can make it.

image.png

On 1/3/2024 at 5:29 PM, rafalgorka said:

This is awfully lot of quota for POL in W boxing (5). Well, I would love it if it works like that but I seriously doubt it.

I agree, Poland is unlikely to actually get 6 qualifiers from the 2 qualifying tournaments and the likes of Rok and Durkacz fell just on the right side of the quota line and aren't necessarily that likely to qualify. To be honest I suspect most countries where these rankings have them qualifying 5/6 more boxers will fall short of that number in reality.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:01 PM, Gagaska93 said:

In Polish national team I think that the biggest chance has Damian Durkacz as you wrote. But in my opinion Mateusz Bereźnicki (92 kg) is underrated, he is polish numeber 2 IMO.

It would be great if 5 POL W qualify, but I agree with rafalgorka that it would be hard. But I am sure about Wójcik and Rygielska. Szeremeta is a big talent and I also think she can make it.

I agree that Wojcik and Rygielska should be safe bets to qualify. Most of the best 57kg women have already qualifed and it isn't a particularly deep weight so I do like Szeremeta's chances even if she is only narrowly inside the quota line. Also as I mentioned at the start W54kg was an absolute nightmare to rank and there really isn't much at all between the top 18 or so at one point I had Drabik in the top 10 so certainly not a gauranteed qualifier but I'd feel pretty good about her chances too.

Look Bereznicki is a talented boxer and can absolutely beat the boxers just ahead of them in the rankings. I do think he is a tier below the likes of Nanitzanian, Okafor and Kartsan so for me it is tough to see him qualifying but absolutely he has a case to be in the top 25/26. I am just a little bit lower on him. 

23 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Do you mind if I use these rankings for my quota simulation? The current version is based on the IBA rankings but as you said, I found it incredibly unreliable.

Absolutely, work away.