website statistics

Track Cycling 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Not really sure where else to put this but Matthew Richardson has switched nationalities from :AUS to :GBR :yikes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-2KNF5ONxw/?igsh=MTIxdTRrMTRiZTN1

For sporting purposes. He's always had British nationality as he was born in the UK.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Cross country running does not add anything to the Games, it'd be a repeat of the 10k. With basically the same athletes having a shot every 2 years instead of 4. Then they should add short course swimming as well.
    • It's only temporary as the hockey season starts soon and there was not enough time apparently to rebrand.
    • OMG, can't believe there's a North American team whose name doesn't consist of a toponymy and a random plural noun
    • Just create a sub-event and call it "snow cross-country" if that is all it will take for it to be permissible at the Winter Olympics.  
    • Extremely divided opinion.   Public:   Some take it as a fact and justify it under the point that a lot is at stake (not qualifying for the Olympics in hockey = unimaginable national tragedy) so we need the best available regardless where they are gaining their bread, Some (Pro-Kremlin/Pro-Current governement) are super excited, Some (Anti-Kremlin/Anti-our current governement and traditional hockey fans) are sad - some of them have even black screen avatars... but at the end will still watch and cheer, because missing the Olympics with such generation we currently have would be a huge waste and would not be fair... Some (Anti-Kremlin/Anti-our current Governement and casual hockey/sport fans) are shocked and disapprove to the point of considering = calling in medias to boycot the team and the tournament.   Players:   Several players expressed that they do not want to play in the national team as long as there are players from the KHL (there are names we are missing in this roster without more special informations added why, like Cehlárik, Slafkovský, Černák...), Some were some were begged on knees by the coach staff for this tournament (Like Martin Pospíšil, Feherváry or Lantoši... especially Pospíšil last days called he will not play if the KHLers will really be invited... only last night came statement of hime and his brother who is also in the team that they will both came and play for the country... as there is a lot at stake "We did not change our oppinion, but we want to help Slovakia to be at the Olympics... and play there" https://sport.aktuality.sk/hokej/clanok/martin-pospisil-sa-rozhodol-bude-reprezentovat-slovensko-2024081819450673443.   All in all, It is bad. I am seriously worried and afraid, ...no..., I am convinced that now two "camps" will be formed within the team, the pro and anti and seriously, I can´t even imagine how it can work in a TEAM.   I am really afraid. Normally, such roster even without Slaf, Černák, Cehlárik and others missing would very likely win this group, but, who knows what will happen now...
    • Hi, idiot here, cross country running and cyclo cross should ABSOLUTELY be in the winter games but the same 20 odd countries are afraid of opening up their games to outsiders    They have their rule about games being needed to be played on snow and ice but IMO that’s a far more ridiculous idea than allowing cross country running in.     
    • I think you are using a "small" screen. Here is what I see from a 1920px width screen:     I would suggest you to zoom out the whole website (ctrl on your keyboard+wheel on your mouse out, or ctrl on your keyboard+ "-" symbol on your keyboard). I think the website would be optimized for your screen if you set the zoom to 60-80%. Can you try that and let me know?
    • I had to admit that I liked the skateboard park event, it remind me the games I used to play on my ps2
    • Now I’m saying thank god Lavreysen exists ❤️ enjoy your silvers richardson