website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

8 hours ago, Felipe said:

But before Olympics he still seen as a promise for the future, but not a big potential medallist in Rio. Okay, he was junior medallist, but didn't appeared well on two big competitions for brazilian athletes, most of media (and me, including) didn't believed on him, and, thank all gods, we are all wrong :d 

I had him at around 15% for a medal :p (and Dutra at 7% btw) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Complete and utter BS in the women 400, you run on 2 feet, you get off them you are DQ'd, simple as that, it's not a long jump hybrid and you dont jump into the water for 50m freestyle, Allyson Felix got completely screwed here!

Alright, show the rules where it says Miller should have been DQ'ed, because as far as I know, everyone has 2 feet off the ground when running, it's not race walking :)

She shouldn't have been as far as I know, Felix should have ran faster. She didn't, rightful win for Miller :clap:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Alright, show the rules where it says Miller should have been DQ'ed, because as far as I know, everyone has 2 feet off the ground when running, it's not race walking :)

She shouldn't have been as far as I know, Felix should have ran faster. She didn't, rightful win for Miller :clap:

Except that people might start doing that much more often. It paid of for Miller and the Brazilian.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Except that people might start doing that much more often. It paid of for Miller and the Brazilian.

Sure, then they should change the rules. On the other hand, it's their choice. But mostly: as long as it's not in the rules that this is illegal, it's utter bullshit to say Felix should have won. 

41 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Sure, then they should change the rules. On the other hand, it's their choice. But mostly: as long as it's not in the rules that this is illegal, it's utter bullshit to say Felix should have won. 

I totally agree. Not the most beautiful way to win, but it was not against the rules. Then again, this is not a sport where they are scored for beautiful moves, anyway. 

The Japanese runner going for 20 points by lapping the peloton. 

I am shocked to see how empty the stadium always is for final sessions, in addition to that the fans are very unfair. I am actually happy that there are so few competitive brazilian athletes.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.