website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

Eventing Nation is fast, we have a full report about inspection now. :d

Sad news happened though before the inspection as Sweden's Anna Nilsson had to withdrew. :( At least Sweden will stay on four athletes as Linda Algotsson (travelling reserve) will replace her.

#banbestmen

vor 5 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Word is that it will be the toughest Olympic cross-country trail since Sydney 2000. It's very techinical and twisty so time will be very hard to make (if not impossible), there is also a lot of varying terrain apparently.

Hopefully we'll have an amazing XC day. :)

Sounds like a pretty good course for Jung?

The bamboo keyhole looks very difficult, do you think that some favorites might have a problem with it? I think we dont have an obstacle like that very often?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

The bamboo keyhole looks very difficult, do you think that some favorites might have a problem with it? I think we dont have an obstacle like that very often?

The traditional view is that the more difficult the XC course the more it will suit Germany, Great Britain and New Zealand.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Keyholes can be seen at some big 4* compettiions such as Badminton or Burghley. But they don't really cause problems. They are sort of "rider freighteners", but horses jump it well.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

I didn't even notice the late changes. Interesting decisions.

Germany replaced Andreas Ostholt with Julia Krajewski while New Zealand replaced Jock Paget with Tim Price. All happened after horse inspection.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dcro:

I didn't even notice the late changes. Interesting decisions.

Germany replaced Andreas Ostholt with Julia Krajewski while New Zealand replaced Jock Paget with Tim Price. All happened after horse inspection.

Very interesting indeed, i never thought that Krajewski would qualify instead of Ostholt/Hoy/Schrade. In the end it shouldnt matter anyway, because Auffarth, Klimke and Jung should be much better. I hope for a sweep in the individual event, but Auffarth doesnt seem to be in a good shape, so in my opinion Klimke is more likely to medal than Auffarth.

You might be interested to hear that Bettina Hoy is coaching russian rider Alexander Markov in Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Very interesting indeed, i never thought that Krajewski would qualify instead of Ostholt/Hoy/Schrade. In the end it shouldnt matter anyway, because Auffarth, Klimke and Jung should be much better. I hope for a sweep in the individual event, but Auffarth doesnt seem to be in a good shape, so in my opinion Klimke is more likely to medal than Auffarth.

You might be interested to hear that Bettina Hoy is coaching russian rider Alexander Markov in Rio.

Two medals are possible but German clean sweep is really unlikely, loads of other contenders.

It would be cool if Klimke gets an individual medal.

#banbestmen