website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

5 hours ago, Sindo said:

He only owns Apple devices, which I have never used and I do not own, so I can not make proper tests on them :cry:

Once again, Apple and it's devices causing problems :p I can't count the amount of times that one colleague delayed a work meeting for half an hour because his MacBook had yet another issue with Microsoft Teams (which worked perfectly for everyone else)  :lol: 

Anyhow, it must be frustrating for @Olympian1010 that it's not working well, but we're gonna make a TISC party of it nonetheless tomorrow, no worries about that :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Once again, Apple and it's devices causing problems :p I can't count the amount of times that one colleague delayed a work meeting for half an hour because his MacBook had yet another issue with Microsoft Teams (which worked perfectly for everyone else)  :lol: 

Anyhow, it must be frustrating for @Olympian1010 that it's not working well, but we're gonna make a TISC party of it nonetheless tomorrow, no worries about that :cheer: 

Had that happen to me in a few interviews during my time at ATR :facepalm:

I generally prefer the Google suite of apps to Microsoft suite of apps though. Unfortunately, Microsoft and Adobe are more popular. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Had that happen to me in a few interviews during my time at ATR :facepalm:

I generally prefer the Google suite of apps to Microsoft suite of apps though. Unfortunately, Microsoft and Adobe are more popular. 

Never used the Google applications, the only ones besides Teams were Zoom and Webex and those were because some external party insisted on using them for one or two meetings with them. Sucked balls compared to the super duper easy Teams with chats and agendas and shifts and everything integrated and a grand total of I believe one 1-hour problem in the past three years :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Never used the Google applications, the only ones besides Teams were Zoom and Webex and those were because some external party insisted on using them for one or two meetings with them. Sucked balls compared to the super duper easy Teams with chats and agendas and shifts and everything integrated and a grand total of I believe one 1-hour problem in the past three years :p 

Teams is very inconvenient (in my experience) if you aren’t active on other Microsoft services. Although, it think that applies to Google, Adobe, Apple, etc. too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There will be no (or very few) tables and scoreboards used this edition. Nonetheless, I will send juries a themed set of votes to post during the Grand Final. 

If formatting is turning out to be too much of an issue to even use scoreboards, an online leaderboard might actually be useful. It obviously won't have the formatting we're used to, but considering that's an issue anyway, it might be less of a problem, and it would greatly help in following along with the contest. After a quick search I found one that might be useful, and I set up a dummy leaderboard and entered two rounds of 12, 11, 10....1 points in it:

https://leaderboardhq.com/mk0nxjdg

Some things:

- It was free and I didn't need to create an account whatsoever, it's click and go, but I can't guarantee that will stay that way with 30+ entries (I assume it will)

- The name can be changed easily in the settings, so whoever steps up as admin here (which I assume can also be multiple people) can for example change the name to reflect how many rounds have been done so far, as I did in my example.

- Entering the number of points obviously needs to be done very carefully, but is definitely very straightforward, and then you just click and it updates the standings

I've been toying with it for a bit just for this example, so I might definitely be missing things, but let me know if you think it might help in providing you and all of us with a way of following along with the standings :) 

If need be, I might go with that on Sunday. I might at least use it to show "live standings."

Anybody have any ideas for the team event draw? It doesn't need to be flashy or complicated.

I did just realize I'll probably miss the entire event. Somehow I was kind of....dumb: I had first read 'Saturday' where it said 'Sunday' and then also missed the (obvious) 'local time' bit, so with the start being at 18:00 CET or so and Monday being an early working day (waking up at 5), I can't really afford to stay for longer than just the first bit :( 

So if using the leaderboard thingy, I won't be able to help out with that sadly :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Okay, maybe we just push to next Saturday then. It will still start late in Europe, but at least people will have Sunday to recover. It gives me some more time to work on stuff as well.

If anyone is against that move, please speak up.

Edited by Olympian1010