website statistics

Team Canada at the Paris Summer Olympic Games 2024 News

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I checked the eventing rankings and our top athlete is also not going.

So in all 3 disciplines our top ranked athlete is not going. IDGI (im sure a lot goes into the selection, but this just seems odd)

Yeah I don’t understand how Mario deslauriers always makes it on our jumping team. He is ranked fifth . It should be Tiffany , Erynn and Amy. And the fact that he is world ranked 85 and Tiffany is ranked 18 is baffling that he beat her out lol

Edited by Surlympics

4 hours ago, Surlympics said:

Yeah I don’t understand how Mario deslauriers always makes it on our jumping team. He is ranked fifth . It should be Tiffany , Erynn and Amy. And the fact that he is world ranked 85 and Tiffany is ranked 18 is baffling that he beat her out lol

Must have some friends on the selection committee :p

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Gabriela DS was first under the line, 1 point away from qualifying

Why does this always happen to Canadian athletes. In 2020 it was Adam Keenan.

I just read this , so heartbreaking for her.  If someone dropouts from now until the race starts can she take their spot. Or is it final now 

15 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

I just read this , so heartbreaking for her.  If someone dropouts from now until the race starts can she take their spot. Or is it final now 

It's final now. Any withdrawals after tomorrow will not be replaced.

Posted (edited)

Men’s volleyball team announced. 

https://olympic.ca/2024/07/08/team-canada-mens-volleyball-team-ready-to-smash-it-in-paris/?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAabrFNIFd3SNs3lRfeq-YL0Rpu3r3vtpEKvCiLzh7sxKjf3bwCxhzdSAdoE_aem_Ont4YPi4Z37spd-Q1FPvHA

Schnitzer and Eshenko are injured, hence their exclusion. Wish Perrin and Sclater were on here, but they retired from the NT unfortunately. 

Edited by Josh