website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Under 20 European Championship 2023

Totallympics

We beat Poland 72-67. I only caught the last 5 minutes or so, as I was watching Tsitsipas and also our U18 women had their semifinal, but I guess it's a good win. Not sure how far we can go here, but a medal is obviously ideal especially as we are at home.

6 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

We beat Poland 72-67. I only caught the last 5 minutes or so, as I was watching Tsitsipas and also our U18 women had their semifinal, but I guess it's a good win. Not sure how far we can go here, but a medal is obviously ideal especially as we are at home.

Yes the last 3 min was really bad for us.

6 minutes ago, George_D said:

Bad game against the weakest team of the pool theoretically 

Is that just because of Poland's basketball pedigree? I feel like it's hard to judge as it was the first game for both, maybe Poland will end up winning other games in our group.

11 hours ago, George_D said:

@nenad how you see serbian team so far? Greece is average

It's a bad team. When the list came out I really didn't recognize like half of roster and it would be more if I don't know some players personally. To be fair I don't see the point of this u20 euros. It should be abolished. Any good player in this age isn't going to play this, he'll be already at some good club, so this seems to me as a waste of time. Good thing is we aren't going to get relegated like the last time. Coach is good. But today there's no doubt we'll lose to France

Also Serbian federation decided to sacrifice u19 world championships for u18 euros which are in Niš in Serbia. We sent very average u19 team without younger better players so that they could play in u18 euros. Not much sense for me, but they want to win something at home court. 

3 hours ago, nenad said:

It's a bad team. 

yeah, almost losing to this :ITA team is not a good sign

by the way, we're going worse and worse...the lack of size and athletic talent in the Italian basketball right now is really depressing

we can't even take advantage of all the "new Italians" coming from the early generation of immigrants...even if they find the way to play some sports, that's not basketball (also the tallest and "biggest" guys) :facepalm: