website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2023

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was looking forward to it.

C'mon they were never going to broadcast the marathon. Not the best of streaming. Just football and athletics will be the properly streamed outdoor games. Rest just enjoy indoor games.

Even 3x3 has one single camera. But 2 great matches Vietnam women beating Phillipines 21-19 in overtime and Cambodian men with it's American team beating Thailand 21-17 with offensive fouls going unnoticed

The worst event I saw today was Kun Kru in Kun Khmer. Athletes act like they got spirits on their body no martial art as such and as expected the host won both golds. It has to be the most rubbish event at any multi sport game in the 21st century.

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

C'mon they were never going to broadcast the marathon. Not the best of streaming.

Yeah, very little (15 or 16 sports I believe) will be covered properly by the host broadcaster. It doesn’t seem like there’s an accessible international feed either :(

Thankfully, some of the local media are broadcasting other events, but it’s a challenge to figure out what’s happening without graphics. I’ll probably watch a few events here and there. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, very little (15 or 16 sports I believe) will be covered properly by the host broadcaster. It doesn’t seem like there’s an accessible international feed either :(

Thankfully, some of the local media are broadcasting other events, but it’s a challenge to figure out what’s happening without graphics. I’ll probably watch a few events here and there. 

Athletics, Football, Swimming, Volleyball are the only big sports where most channels are focusing on. Thankfully with so many streams from Asian federations of sport and local channels 80% will be covered. Beach , outdoor sports, watersports are unlikely to be shown. Enjoy some martial arts apart from few rubbish events, proper Sepaktakraw when it starts, pentaque, table tennis, wrestling, 3x3 , weightlifting apart from the top tier sports.

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Athletics, Football, Swimming, Volleyball are the only big sports where most channels are focusing on. Thankfully with so many streams from Asian federations of sport and local channels 80% will be covered. Beach , outdoor sports, watersports are unlikely to be shown. Enjoy some martial arts apart from few rubbish events, proper Sepaktakraw when it starts, pentaque, table tennis, wrestling, 3x3 , weightlifting apart from the top tier sports.

I haven’t found any other than indoor hockey and ju-jitsu, so feel free to pass along any you come across. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela