website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:NEP joins :ANG:BIH:LAO:LBA:MLT:PLE:PNG:RWA on the list of nations with a medal at the Paralympic Games, but not at the Olympic Games (assuming my research is correct).

Ask and you shall receive @heywoodu and @intoronto

Edit: :FRO was left off the list, since they don't keep as a sperate team at the Olympics.

:ESA and :OMA also have Paralympic Games medal but not Olympic Games.

1 hour ago, Fer GUA said:

:ESA and :OMA also have Paralympic Games medal but not Olympic Games.

That would be me foregetting to add results from the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For those still looking for something to watch tomorrow morning, there will be a rare :CAF v. :PNG bout in taekwondo. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just catching up with last night's swimming and wanting to reiterate something I've felt every Paralympics (and the rare world championships I've seen): swimmers who have no arms at all, like not even a small moveable part, should not physically be able to swim as fast as they do, they are amazing and I think my biggest Paralympic heroes :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh, wonderful sportsmanship from Brazil. This protest is shameful, disgusting. Well, i expected sth different here in generał, not for me in the end. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

4 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

Oh, wonderful sportsmanship from Brazil. This protest is shameful, disgusting. Well, i expected sth different here in generał, not for me in the end. 

Since when are protests against people breaking rules (on purpose or not) a shameful, disgusting thing? :p 

I mean, is it also disgusting and shameful to protest when a runner stepped across the line in a 200m for example?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Trying to watch para archery, of course CBC Sports (Canadian broadcaster) isn’t streaming it :facepalm::(

Also not on the Paralympic YouTube channel? I'm pretending to be in Romania and can watch all the streams there and there are a lot, I believe I saw archery as well....(not 100% sure)

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Also not on the Paralympic YouTube channel? I'm pretending to be in Romania and can watch all the streams there and there are a lot, I believe I saw archery as well....(not 100% sure)

It probably is, but the problem is my computer is getting fixed at a shop right now so that doesn’t really help me… (why did I do it now? I’m not really sure) :facepalm:

Trying to find a Paralympic streaming website, like I did in Tokyo, but nope. 

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

It probably is, but the problem is my computer is getting fixed at a shop right now so that doesn’t really help me… (why did I do it now? I’m not really sure) :facepalm:

Trying to find a Paralympic streaming website, like I did in Tokyo, but nope. 

Yeah that sucks. Depending on how long fixing it takes, you could just ignore the results and watch it when your computer is back? The YouTube streams will presumably stay available..