website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2019

hckošice

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Nope, see Deguchi yesterday...her semifinal was the first despite being in the bottom half of the bracket.

Maybe because the loser of 2nd semifinal has to fight the first bronze medal match , they changed the order to give him/ her more recovery time :mumble:

I'm quite sure Mollaei tried his best and he just lost to Casse. and interestingly for me his coach wasn't there. I feel something happened behind the scene. we will know about it very soon.

Edit: Mollaei also lost the bronze, this one was a bit dubious, and his coach was there unlike the semifinal. the funny thing is everybody here thinks he lost both matches intentionally. which is surely not true.

Edited by MHSN

3 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Nope, see Deguchi yesterday...her semifinal was the first despite being in the bottom half of the bracket.

and they did it again earlier today...but that's an infringment of the official IJF protocol...:evil:

probably in Japan they can do whatever they want...the rules have been written for the others, not for them...:whistle:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I'm quite sure Mollaei tried his best and he just lost to Casse. and interestingly for me his coach wasn't there. I feel something happened behind the scene. we will know about it very soon.

Edit: Mollaei also lost the bronze, this one was a bit dubious, and his coach was there unlike the semifinal. the funny thing is everybody here thinks he lost both matches intentionally. which is surely not true.

I'm sure Mollaei didn't lost on purpuse against Maisuradze...this guy is just an amazing athlete...if you give him the body contact, he's going to put your back on the mat 100% of times...he's just too strong for anybody else...even Muki wouldn't keep it up with him if they engage a pure strenght battle...

he only need to gain a bit of experience, and then he's going to dominate this class (if he can stay inside the weight limit, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the -90kg class after next year's Olympics, which imho wouldn't be a great idea, as he would lose his advantage in pure strenght he has right now against all of his competitors)...

finally, Agbegnenou vs Tashiro...:yikes:

match of the last 2 years...absolutely...:bowdown::hatoff:

no comment on today's performance by the Italian players, instead...:nopompom:

when someone will realize that we need a different technical director and some new coaches, it will be always too late...:facepalm::wall:

Just now, phelps said:

I'm sure Mollaei didn't lost on purpuse against Maisuradze...this guy is just an amazing athlete...if you give him the body contact, he's going to put your back on the mat 100% of times...he's just too strong for anybody else...even Muki wouldn't keep it up with him if they engage a pure strenght battle...

he only need to gain a bit of experience, and then he's going to dominate this class (if he can stay inside the weight limit, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the -90kg class after next year's Olympics, which imho wouldn't be a great idea, as he would lose his advantage in pure strenght he has right now against all of his competitors)...

I also personally don't think he lost on purpose but his reaction after giving up the first waza-ari was like he doesn't care anymore. but before that yeah he was even close to win by ippon couple of times. Judo is about seconds and moments and poor guy Mollaei had lots of things on his mind today. that probably justifies his lack of action in those seconds between Maisuradze's first and second scores.

I heard some stories which confirm what I think myself, his coach being absent for the SF and then coming back for the bronze medal match can give a hint about what happened behind the scene.

Just now, MHSN said:

I also personally don't think he lost on purpose but his reaction after giving up the first waza-ari was like he doesn't care anymore. but before that yeah he was even close to win by ippon couple of times. Judo is about seconds and moments and poor guy Mollaei had lots of things on his mind today. that probably justifies his lack of action in those seconds between Maisuradze's first and second scores.

I heard some stories which confirm what I think myself, his coach being absent for the SF and then coming back for the bronze medal match can give a hint about what happened behind the scene.

surely it could be a normal reaction for someone who already lost his title in the previous match and then doesn't think it's worth the effort to save even the bronze medal...

I think there are many athletes who would have the same feeling (even if it doesn't look professional at 100%, I guess it's human)...