website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2023

Totallympics

Mets have officially given up on the season and traded closer David Robertson to Marlins and Max Scherzer to Rangers.

Meanwhile Angels are making a rare post-season push in what could be Ohtani's last season there and traded for SP Lucas Giolito from White Sox.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mets also managed to trade Mark Canha to Brewers and Justin Verlander back to Astros! :lol:

It's a full-blown fire sale at this stage. Chapter 1 of buying the World Series failed big time. I can only wonder who will be starring in chapter 2?

I bet they will be chasing Ohtani with billions of $ next autumn (even if Ohtani won't play in a team with another Japanese star)

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

What's the deal with Ohtani unwilling to play with another Japanese on the team? :mumble:

I don't know, but it was written almost everywhere when he came to the USA (and that was said to be a reason why he chose the Angels over the Mariners, that at the time already had Kikuchi in their roster)

I think he wants all the Japanese media being focused on him and not sharing time and attention to any other compatriot in the same team (not that nowadays it would be an issue, but a few years ago it could well be)

however, I guess it's gonna be a 3-team race for him next November (Dodgers and both the NY teams...the only ones that could afford to go up in the 600 million area he's supposed to ask for his next contract -10 years at least)

Mets have blown up their pitching core and they are many pieces removed from contending for WS. Other than Alonso I can't see anyone being worthy of making WS-level roster. Nimmo and O'Neill are pieces but they're not essential and Lindor's contract is a train wreck they can't sell to anyone. Ohtani would join Angels East and Yankees are sub .500 team without Judge. Torres is serviceable but everyone else can go even if they wouldn't let Volpe since he still rides the upside train. Stanton & LeMahieu are no longer upper-level players for certain reasons.

• 2 weeks later...