website statistics

Beach Volleyball FIVB World Championships 2019

Totallympics

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Is their loss really that surprising? I find it hard to believe that someone can be ridiculously dominant in beach volleyball (as in, winning 50 straight matches or something). :p

yes, as in the last 12 months they won 8 of the 10 tournaments they entered (and made the top 4 in the remaining 2)...

at the moment, they are are ridiculously dominant...

but what feeds my regrets more than anything, it's the fact that our Olympic silver medallists Nicolai & Lupo beat the Germans Thole/Wickler in the preliminary stage of the world champs and then they came up meeting the no.1 seeded Norwegians in the quarterfinals (losing badly), meanwhile the Germans could keep far away from then until the semis (which they eventually won)...:facepalm:

EDIT: nevermind about last part...I was still sleeping and I made a mess of the previous rounds...:spank:

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, phelps said:

but what feeds my regrets more than anything, it's the fact that our Olympic silver medallists Nicolai & Lupo beat the Germans Thole/Wickler in the preliminary stage of the world champs and then they came up meeting the no.1 seeded Norwegians in the quarterfinals (losing badly), meanwhile the Germans could keep far away from then until the semis (which they eventually won)...:facepalm:

What exactly do you mean by that? As far as i can tell those 2 teams haven't met in this tournament and before yesterday Thole/Wickler hadn't lost a set.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What exactly do you mean by that? As far as i can tell those 2 teams haven't met in this tournament and before yesterday Thole/Wickler hadn't lost a set.

nothing...my mistake...I was confusing pairings and groups stages...it wasn't the German duo I was thinking of...:facepalm: