3/4. :CRO Ivan Sapina

+87kg

1. :KAZ Ruslan Zhaparov

2. :CRO Pasko Bozic

3/4. :TUR Emre Kutalmis Atesli

3/4. :ESP Andreu Perez Campos

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Such a stupid decision, considering all of them might not be able to compete at the Olympics because of their potential military ties. Can see a quarter of the nation's boycotting.  

Cool, taekwondo is already fun because of nations winning rare medals, so this could be even more of a nicely mixed medal table :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool, taekwondo is already fun because of nations winning rare medals, so this could be even more of a nicely mixed medal table :d 

Not for someone whose nation will most likely boycott not only this but most of the events for the foreseeable future. This will massively impact our qualification attempt as we'd only be able to go for 2 spots in the Euro Quali event (assuming Russians and Belarusians aren't there). 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Not for someone whose nation will most likely boycott not only this but most of the events for the foreseeable future. This will massively impact our qualification attempt as we'd only be able to go for 2 spots in the Euro Quali event (assuming Russians and Belarusians aren't there). 

Then maybe don't boycot and sabotage athletes,who would like to compete and not play political games,seems simple to me.

Edited by Biathlonfan

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

Then maybe don't boycot and sabotage athletes,who would like to compete and not play political games,seems simple to me.

I'm all for boycotting when necessary and compromising sporting integrity when other factors pose a bigger threat, but when it starts becoming detrimental to your athletes' success then that's where I feel you should draw the line, call it a day and beat the opposition your protesting against on the field of play. I'm fine with us boycotting both Boxing world championships as they're practically meaningless and the whole thing was a corrupt and dodgy mess to begin with, but when it comes to events like these where they directly affect us qualifying for major championships in a big way then it's best to beat the Russians and Belarusians on the mat and prevent them from reaching the Olympics that way.  

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

I'm all for boycotting when necessary and compromising sporting integrity when other factors pose a bigger threat, but when it starts becoming detrimental to your athletes' success then that's where I feel you should draw the line, call it a day and beat the opposition your protesting against on the field of play. I'm fine with us boycotting both Boxing world championships as they're practically meaningless and the whole thing was a corrupt and dodgy mess to begin with, but when it comes to events like these where they directly affect us qualifying for major championships in a big way then it's best to beat the Russians and Belarusians on the mat and prevent them from reaching the Olympics that way.  

Great,then tell your goverment that,lol. this is a joke at this point,no country except possibly Ukraine will boycott,there are consequancies for boycotting,the sport heads can blubber all they like but in the end money talks.43 procent off my Super pro-ukraine country don't want us to boycot the games,25 procent don't know,all this would do is prevent some athletes from competing in the games and some would have to retire before getting their last olympic chance because ''muh moral pointless stand''  that won't actually end the war ,because [big surprise] athletes do not run  goverments and they cannot force a country to stop the war.

Edited by Biathlonfan