website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

The main difference is the sports mentality, They have big we do not have, sport is not priority at all anymore (it was in the past not now). We already discussed this topic, lack of money, lack of infrastructure, genera very limited interest for sport, young people prefer study or search for work earlier since they see not many money turning in sport (except hockey or football, but not every kid can be a pro), outdated coaching system resulting from lack of money etc.. etc.. if I were to list all the problems of our sport, I would probably write this post until tomorrow

How would you compare Slovakia to the Czech Republic? I mean investments and infrastructure, because it`s known that the Czech Republic has a larger population.

6 minutes ago, copravolley said:

How would you compare Slovakia to the Czech Republic? I mean investments and infrastructure, because it`s known that the Czech Republic has a larger population.

That is not even comparable bro. :d Two completely different levels. It was always like that even during Czechoslovakia and it is logically the same now as well.

Just now, hckošice said:

That is not even comparable bro. :d Two completely different levels. It was always like that even during Czechoslovakia and it is logically the same now as well.

In terms of sports, however, did Slovakia have better sports within Czechoslovakia (until the beginning of the 21st century, the level was still due to the old system) than as an independent country?

I see Slovakia is through, as expected, but that must be wrong, since @hckošice was so sure that wasn't going to happen? :p 

Spoiler

Congratulations! :cheer::SVK 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, copravolley said:

In terms of sports, however, did Slovakia have better sports within Czechoslovakia (until the beginning of the 21st century, the level was still due to the old system) than as an independent country?

The system was different, state controlled, basically all children had easier access to sports and support. but there were 10 million Czechs to 5 million Slovaks, so czechs still had more talented kids in the teams, Maybe water polo or race walking were the only sports were slovaks were always for some reason more dominant

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I see Slovakia is through, as expected, but that must be wrong, since @hckošice was so sure that wasn't going to happen? :p 

Reveal hidden contents

Well, nobody can deny it is a surprise

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, nobody can deny it is a surprise

Before the tournament started: yes.

After two matches: no, I was genuinely not kidding when I said I saw it as very realistic :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Thanks to this Czech idiot (I mean, two yellows in 20 minutes, come on) we'll play England at the end.

I mean, it's thanks to the awful Dutch team of course, but this doesn't help :d