website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

I think I'm going to have to lower my lofty expectations of the basketball team after this game.  This fourth quarter is just...sad.  Spain is good, but these are the team Canada at least has to compete with in order to think about getting on the podium.  

I'm just so confused by their offence.  Always stopping the rush, any momentum.  They wait until everyone is covered, pass to the outside.  Reminds me of my Habs.  Also reminds me of Gretzky's quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  Seriously, you're down by 10 with 90 seconds left.  You're on a rush.  Why stop and pass it back?  

I just have to laugh.  In the cycling sprint repachage there were three riders, including two Canadians and a German, with the winner moving on. The German won.  It doesn't really matter (they weren't going to win anything anyway) but I think it's symbolic of Canada's day so far.  I think we've used up all our karma in Rio.  

il y a 15 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

What a race!  It almost looked like De Grasse false started.  ALMOST.  Then he looked out of it.  Wasn't sure if he did it for a bit after the line.  Fantastic!  The future of the 100m.  

It was awesome.  Medal #13 for us, i am very proud of our team so far.:clap: