website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

RE: The golf predictions - I think they're just going off the rankings and they're trying to predict every sport so need to include golf. But everyone knows it's a bit of a lottery really - Slovakia won one in men's golf last time.

Oldira's picks look close enough and would represent a historic games for us. I was tempted to wait until after the boxing draw to list my final picks, but seemingly it's on after two days of Sevens Rugby which is too late so I might as well put them up now, but will possibly want to tweak them again after the boxing draw.

1 Gold

Men's Lightweight Doubles 

2 Silver

1 in boxing (maybe Harrington)

1 for Wiffen (maybe 1500m)

3 Bronze

1 in boxing (maybe O'Rourke)

1 for Wiffen (maybe 800m)

1 in rowing (maybe Doyle/Lynch)

And a whole load of 4th to 8th place finishes...

3 in boxing 

3 in rowing 

2 in athletics 

2 in equestrian 

1 in golf

1 in rugby 

1 in cycling 

1 in gymnastics 

So 20 top 8 finishes in total including 6 medals.

6 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

Gracenote has upped us to 10 medals this morning.

It’s nice to see we have progressed as an Olympic nation that we are being reckoned to do so well across so many prediction resources. However I don’t think there’s any chance we are hitting 10 unless we nail everything. I’m willing to be wrong though! Maybe this is the Games that makes up for all the bad luck of previous ones :)

Since our first day of Irish in action gets underway tomorrow, I’m going to open our Paris 2024 Daily Diary thread in the Ireland Club later today.

That thread will serve as our main place to discuss all the daily Olympic news, results, reaction to events as they happen.

From the horse sport Ireland press release

The following combinations have been selected as non-travelling reserves and are listed in alphabetical order, who will travel to the designated Horse Sport Ireland holding camp, should one be required:

Denis Lynch (Co. Tipperary) with Brooklyn Heights, owned by Molly Ohrstrom

Mark McAuley (Co. Louth) with GRS Lady Amaro (ISH), owned by SNC McAuley Equestrian.

The following combinations have been selected as team alternates and are listed in alphabetical order:

Darragh Kenny (Co. Offaly) with VDL Cartello, owned by Heathman Farm LLC.

Richard Howley (Co. Sligo) with Equine America Consulent de Prelet Z, owned by HK Horses and Sarah Borthwick.

Eoin McMahon (Co. Clare) with Mila, owned by Ludger Beerbaum Stables GmBH and Eoin McMahon.

Cian O’Connor (Co. Kildare) with Eve D’Ouilly, owned by Nicole Walker and Cian O’Connor.

Cian O’Connor (Co. Kildare) with Fermoy, owned by Keira Stoute, Sarah Stoute and Cian O’Connor.

Shane Sweetnam (Co. Cork) with RR Combella, owned by Voquest LLC.

Since the qualification period is well and truly over and Team Ireland begins their olympic action tomorrow, I will close this thread and have opened a new Paris 2024 Daily Diary thread for us to discuss all the daily Olympic news for Ireland as it happens. You can find the new thread here: