website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Interesting concept to take a larger indoor venue, and then smaller sub-venues inside. It’s like a beach games set up almost. 

Toronto 2015 did this with Boxing/Weightlifting (though events happened on different days) + multiple Parapan events at one venue 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany has put together a beautiful venue that I believe I can see through the most pixelated stream I’ve seen in a while :whistle:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Okay, having the kids of athletes (or relatives) bring out the flag during the opening ceremony was such a great idea :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 9/8/2023 at 9:17 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Prishtina :KOS confirmed as host of the 2030 Mediterranean Games.

I’m sure there won’t be any geopolitical issues with that :p

:POR was also confirmed as host of the 2027 Mediterranean Beach Games.

:GBR bags the first gold medal of the 2023 Invictus Games. :USA:CAN snag the other medals. 

:CAN will be disappointed with that start. Dajko was surely aiming for 4th :p

Portugal? Mediterranean ? ..personally I always think that Portugal belongs to Mediterranean culture and ethnic group so I am happy with that but geographically :POR is not a Mediterranean country!

also :KOS is a landlocked country

both participated before but as a host city not being on Mediterranean is a bit strange!

Edited by El Analyzer

:KOS got grandfathered into the CIJM as part of Yugoslavia. :POR got added because they needed a new friend :dunno: