website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Championships 2022

Totallympics

Asian Championships entries

https://uww.org/article/wrestleulaanbaatar-asian-championships-entries

very surprised to see Japan, Korea and China altogether in the start list ! specially China :hyper::yikes: they are ignoring most of the World Championships even in their favorite sports and all of a sudden they want to send a team to the Asian Wrestling Championship!? @Vic Liu how come that's even possible ?
even though I won't believe it until I see Chinese wrestlers on the mat :d

it looks like most of Asian countries are bringing their A team probably preparing for the Asian Games. but for Iran this is a mixed team. a mixture of underachieved veterans, some bright future talents and bunch of nobodies :d

per our "rules" Asian Champ is a part of our trial process for the Worlds/Asian Games and those who won a World/Olympic medal last year are exempt from competing here (it sounds weird because participating at the Continental Championship should be an honor not a burden :wacko:)

therefore none of our big names are here thanks to these new weird rules. :thumbdown: (there are only 2 former world medalist in 20-man squad :facepalm:)

59 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Asian Championships entries

https://uww.org/article/wrestleulaanbaatar-asian-championships-entries

very surprised to see Japan, Korea and China altogether in the start list ! specially China :hyper::yikes: they are ignoring most of the World Championships even in their favorite sports and all of a sudden they want to send a team to the Asian Wrestling Championship!? @Vic Liu how come that's even possible ?
even though I won't believe it until I see Chinese wrestlers on the mat :d

it looks like most of Asian countries are bringing their A team probably preparing for the Asian Games. but for Iran this is a mixed team. a mixture of underachieved veterans, some bright future talents and bunch of nobodies :d

per our "rules" Asian Champ is a part of our trial process for the Worlds/Asian Games and those who won a World/Olympic medal last year are exempt from competing here (it sounds weird because participating at the Continental Championship should be an honor not a burden :wacko:)

therefore none of our big names are here thanks to these new weird rules. :thumbdown: (there are only 2 former world medalist in 20-man squad :facepalm:)

According to the initial plan, China will attend the Asian Championships. It's also functioned as the first stage of trials for Asian Games and WCH. So if nothing unexpected happened I think they will attend as scheduled but no news reported about them lately.

36 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

According to the initial plan, China will attend the Asian Championships. It's also functioned as the first stage of trials for Asian Games and WCH. So if nothing unexpected happened I think they will attend as scheduled but no news reported about them lately.

does it mean China is slowly changing its policy of (almost) not going anywhere? or this is just an exception since Mongolia is your neighbor.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

does it mean China is slowly changing its policy of (almost) not going anywhere? or this is just an exception since Mongolia is your neighbor.

These are no such policy. Each sport makes its own decision whether attending oversea tournaments depending on the significance. Fencing and Badminton are currently aboard attending the tournaments series for world ranking. And it also means they will stay overseas for a long time to avoid the quarantine back home. So generally a sport team will go overseas only facing a long tournaments season or a significant event. TBH if just Asian Championship alone I don’t think it significant enough so let’s see.

• 2 weeks later...