website statistics

Athletics

intoronto

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

Did the calculations myself. For Weir, 70m (and 2nd) is probably the bare minimum, 71m (28th on the road to Paris) should be more than enough. 

1199 for Tunks, if she can go 61.50m, and grab first won’t be enough. 63.00m will give her 1227 points, and will slot her into 30th. 

1104 points and 59.07m for Tunks at the Harry Jerome Classic, improving to 35th (+1) and 1109 points in the road to Paris. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

1104 points and 59.07m for Tunks at the Harry Jerome Classic, improving to 35th (+1) and 1109 points in the road to Paris. 

So at Nationals, a 62.00m be enough to increase her total to 1134 points, and 30th. 61.00m would put her in 31st, and 1132 points. 

62.50m should be enough, and 61-00m-62.00m would be cutting it close. 

Entry list isn’t out yet (at least I can’t seem to find one) for La Classique d'athlétisme de Montréal, on June 21, but scouring through various websites, I figured out some of the athletes that will be present!

Brooke Overholt will be in the women’s 400m hurdles, Zakary Mama-Yari and Abdullahi Hassan in the men’s 800m, Simone Plourde , Gabriela De-Bues Stafford, Kate Current in the women’s 1500m, Jazz Shukla and Madeline Kelly in the women’s 1000m (not sure why), Eliezer Adjibi in the men’s 100m, Audrey Leduc, Sade McCreath, Marie-Eloisee Leclair and Donna Ntambue in the women’s 100m, Ibrahim Ayorinde and Callum Robinson in the men’s 200m, Jacqueline Madogo in the women’s 200m, Grace Konrad and Aiyanna Stiverne in the women’s 400m, Addy Townsend in the women’s 800m, Rachel Hyink in women’s pole vault, Aaliyah Logan and Tatiana Aholou in women’s 100m hurdles, Craig Thorne in men’s 110m hurdles, Jean-Simon Desgagnes and Robert Heppenstall in the men’s 1500m, Liv Sands and Grace Tennant in women’s shot put, Mark Bujnowski in men’s shot put, and Malik Metivier in the men’s 400m hurdles. 

Edited by Josh

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

Entry list isn’t out yet (at least I can’t seem to find one) for La Classique d'athlétisme de Montréal, on June 21, but scouring through various websites, I figured out some of the athletes that will be present!

Brooke Overholt will be in the women’s 400m hurdles, Marco Arop and Abdullahi Hassan in the men’s 800m, Simone Plourde in the women’s 1500m, Jazz Shukla in the women’s 1000m (not sure why), Audrey Leduc in the women’s 100m, and Malik Metivier in the men’s 400m hurdles. 

Here is the list; https://www.avs-sport.com/comp_main.php?comp=916&

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Alysha Newman with a new SB of 4.61m in women’s pole vault at the Paavo Nurmi Games!

Needed 3rd attempt clearances at that and 4.51m though. 

Even with a cyst rupturing on her ovaries this morning !

4 hours ago, Josh said:

OLYMPIC QUOTA!!

Andre DeGrasse 10.00 in the men’s 100m, it’s his best time since the Zurich Diamond League in September 2021!

Jerome Blake also with a very decent 10.17.

Definitively seems like he's rounding into form at the right time.

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

Definitively seems like he's rounding into form at the right time.

Bad start too, 9.8 high (would either be an =PB or outright PB) might be possible at Olympic Trials, depending on the conditions. 

Promising signs for his 200m, he might need to better his 19.62 in order to win one of the minor medals (Lyles is untouchable, should be between him, Tebogo, Bednarek, Hughes, Knighton for silver and bronze) 

Edited by Josh