website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Team Sizes Road to Paris 2024

10 hours ago, Illya said:

About which return are you talking? They will participate as AIns, and no other scenarios can't be real proofs. If you think that countries will withdraw from the Games due to participation of AINs, you're wrong, they don't give a sh*t about it. 

The British Government has said GB shouldn’t compete in such a circumstance.

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

The British Government has said GB shouldn’t compete in such a circumstance.

You, GB, have long history of choosing your governments very wisely...

We, Poles, are no worse in that tbh, I know...

Edited by rafalgorka

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Team :ISV Update and Thoughts (April 2024)

Current Quotas: 2

Archery - 1 (men's individual recurve)

Fencing - 1 (men's foil)

Schembri and D'Amour qualifiying has provided some nice relief after a rather quiet qualification season. Both are certainly some of the islands' best athletic prospects. If they stay healthly and avoid any miscellaneous issues, I look forward to seeing what results they can achieve in Paris.

Ideal Quota Allocation: 6-8

@Topicmaster1010 simulated 8 quotas for Team ISV, which feels a bit generous at this moment (not that it wasn't appreicated :d). I'm definitely keeping my eye on Michelle Smith (athletics). If she can get a quota in the women's 400m hurdles, I believe that will garantee an additional male quota in athletics as well. Other than Smith, I can't envision any other quotas outside universality allocations. I have no idea which sports/athletes the NOC targeted, but the following allocation would leave me very pleased:

Archery - 1 (women's individual recurve)

Golf - 1 (women's individual) [Swayne had that nice 6th place result at Santiago 2023. It would be cool to see her compete in Paris.]

Swimming - 2

Sailing - ? [I don't feel like it was a particularly great cycle for the sailing team. Dale might be a candidate for a universality quota in ILCA7 though.]

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela