website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

48 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

And for mixed doubles, I'm not sure how it works because I think they sign up at the Olympics and use the rankings for that week if I remember correctly, but using this week's live rankings and the protected rankings for some players, I believe we would have this if everyone plays (which we know won't happen because some might skip mixed doubles) :

1. :USA Gauff/Ram (8)

2. :POL Swiatek/Hurkacz (9) 

T3. :GER Siegemund/Zverev (10)

T3. :AUS Perez/Ebden(10)

5. :ITA Paolini/Sinner (11)

6. :RUS Zvonareva/Medvedev (12)

7. :USA Pegula/Fritz (18)

8. :GRE Sakkari/Tsitsipas (19)

T9. :NED Schuurs/Koolhof (20)

T9. :ESP Bucsa/Granollers (20)

T9. :RUS Kasatkina/Rublev (20)

12. :KAZ Rybakina/Bublik (21)

13. :ESP Sorribes Tormo/Nadal (23)

14. :CAN Dabrowski/Auger-Aliassime (24)

15. :ITA Errani/Vavassori (25)

16-Host. :FRA Garcia/Roger-Vasselin (38*)

----------------------------------------------------

ALT 1. :NZL Routliffe/Venus (29)

ALT T2. :BEL Mertens/Gille or Vliegen - they have the same ranking (30)

ALT T2. :CZE Vondrousova/Lehecka (30)

ALT 4. :GBR Boulter/Salisbury (35)

ALT 5. :CZE Siniakova/Machac (40)

ALT 6. :BRA Stefani/Melo (49)

ALT 7. :CRO Vekic/Dodig (50)

ALT8. :CHN Zheng/Zhang (51)

They changed the rule this cycle, its only 1 team per NOC. And by taking a look to the qualification process, it seems they take the June 10 Rankings to have the combined total

48 minutes ago, MatiReimundo said:

They changed the rule this cycle, its only 1 team per NOC. And by taking a look to the qualification process, it seems they take the June 10 Rankings to have the combined total

In the above 16 mixed, there are four duplicates, - USA, AIN, ITA and ESP which would open up for the first four alternates NZL, BEL, CZE and GBR, and there's obviously the continuing AIN issue which MIGHT open up for BRA.

Do men's doubles players in the top 10 doubles players not get to choose their partners more or less regardless of ranking so long as the NOC stays within the six per sex lines? I know Salisbury and Skupski are willing to play together, and might be a formidable pair - but there's often been a suggestion they don't match styles that well, and might prefer to split with Salisbury & Murray and Skupski & Evans  -in Tokyo Salisbury chose to play with Andy Murray, not Skupski

5 hours ago, MatiReimundo said:

Oh I didn't know, thank you!

5 hours ago, chinmoy said:

Is there any chance India 🇮🇳 can get in a 2nd doubles team to olympics 

1) Bopana & Balaji

2) Bhambri & Nagal ????

Extremely unlikely. There would have to be many, many withdrawals.

4 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

In the above 16 mixed, there are four duplicates, - USA, AIN, ITA and ESP which would open up for the first four alternates NZL, BEL, CZE and GBR, and there's obviously the continuing AIN issue which MIGHT open up for BRA.

Do men's doubles players in the top 10 doubles players not get to choose their partners more or less regardless of ranking so long as the NOC stays within the six per sex lines? I know Salisbury and Skupski are willing to play together, and might be a formidable pair - but there's often been a suggestion they don't match styles that well, and might prefer to split with Salisbury & Murray and Skupski & Evans  -in Tokyo Salisbury chose to play with Andy Murray, not Skupski

The rankings are subject to change the next few days as people may rise/drop based on results this week. For example, there are a number of scenarios where CRO can move ahead of BRA.

And yes, Salisbury/Murray and Skpuski/Evans can be done at the moment. However, a Bolelli final or Pavic semifinal would bump Skupski out of the top 10, so instead of choosing any partner in the top 300 he would have to qualify via ranking, though with Evans being ranked 62 and Skupski 11 or 12, they will just barely get in most likely.

49 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Extremely unlikely. There would have to be many, many withdrawals.

I don't expect as many withdrawals as Tokyo Games. Hard to reach singles entry who is below 100 in ranking. Also in doubles, players will surely consider the fact whether they choose the option of high ranked doubles player and high ranked singles player will together if they never played doubles together .......

No disrespect to Kovinic, but the women's singles tripartite quota had a lot of competition, here's who is currently in the top 400 (there's no ranking limit for tripartite quota, but it's used for the ITF places):

230. :MKD Lina Gjorcheska

241. :LIE Kathinka von Deichmann

276. :AND Victoria Jimenez

351. :MLT Francesca Curmi

371. :BDI Sada Nahimana