website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Interesting to see Oleksiak and Harvey are entered in Sette Colli this weekend. Presumably trying to take care of the OQTs, as there doesn't seem to be a wider Canadian team out in force?

MSH has OQTs in all of her main events, I think she’s just using the meet to get some racing in.  Oleksiak is aiming for the women’s 100m freestyle OQT of 53.61. 

Edit: I’ll also add that half of the Canadian Olympic contingent will be racing at another meet. Rest are still training. 

Edited by Josh

5 hours ago, Josh said:

WAIT I JUST REALIZED

NBC is available on my TV :hyper:

That means I can watch the US Olympic Swim Trials :cheer::cheer:

Without getting a virus I mean :p:lol:

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

MSH has OQTs in all of her main events, I think she’s just using the meet to get some racing in.  Oleksiak is aiming for the women’s 100m freestyle OQT of 53.61. 

Edit: I’ll also add that half of the Canadian Olympic contingent will be racing at another meet. Rest are still training. 

Oh, that makes sense. I was thinking that both might be trying for the OQT so that if Penny didn't get it then MSH could instead...

7 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Oh, that makes sense. I was thinking that both might be trying for the OQT so that if Penny didn't get it then MSH could instead...

Good point. Well MSH has a very busy Olympic schedule lined up, so I’m not sure if she’ll try and complicate it any further. 

MSH a lock for prelims (and probably finals) for our women’s 4x100m/200m freestyle relays, in addition to the women’s 200m freestyle. She might (and hopefully will) scratch the women’s 100m butterfly, which would give Rebecca Smith an individual swim, but I don’t see her doing prelims for the women’s 4x100m medley relay, Smith should be more than enough to advance to the final. I’m also hoping the women’s 400m individual medley is going to be on her programme, because although she scratched out of it at Olympic Trials, it’s her best and only chance at an individual Olympic medal. With her trajectory, could see her producing a solid PB.

Hoping she doesn’t get the OQT in the women’s 100m freestyle, don’t want to see her take on too much at Paris. Fingers crossed for Ruck though at the Mel Zajac.

@Topicmaster1010 curious on what you think :d

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

Good point. Well MSH has a very busy Olympic schedule lined up, so I’m not sure if she’ll try and complicate it any further. 

MSH a lock for prelims (and probably finals) for our women’s 4x100m/200m freestyle relays, in addition to the women’s 200m freestyle. She might (and hopefully will) scratch the women’s 100m butterfly, which would give Rebecca Smith an individual swim, but I don’t see her doing prelims for the women’s 4x100m medley relay, Smith should be more than enough to advance to the final. I’m also hoping the women’s 400m individual medley is going to be on her programme, because although she scratched out of it at Olympic Trials, it’s her best and only chance at an individual Olympic medal. With her trajectory, could see her producing a solid PB.

Hoping she doesn’t get the OQT in the women’s 100m freestyle, don’t want to see her take on too much at Paris. Fingers crossed for Ruck though at the Mel Zajac.

@Topicmaster1010 curious on what you think :d

I do remember that in one of the CBC interviews, she did mention she was going to focus on freestyle so it's definitely possible she dropped the 100 fly.

Still think Jansen gets the 400 IM spot. Agree that MSH would be in contention at her trajectory but maybe she just doesn't like swim it perhaps?

Assuming that she does drop the 100 fly, then adding the 100 free to her programme could be reasonable: 100 free, 200 free + 2 relays.

5 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I do remember that in one of the CBC interviews, she did mention she was going to focus on freestyle so it's definitely possible she dropped the 100 fly.

Still think Jansen gets the 400 IM spot. Agree that MSH would be in contention at her trajectory but maybe she just doesn't like swim it perhaps?

Assuming that she does drop the 100 fly, then adding the 100 free to her programme could be reasonable: 100 free, 200 free + 2 relays.

Potentially, but it’s not as if she’s rarely been racing it this year. Wouldn’t say it’s due to a packed schedule either, she’d probably not go for the 100m freestyle if that was the case. 

1 hour ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Surely she'll still swim the 100 fly in the medley relay prelims?

Edited by dullard