website statistics
South American Youth Games 2022
Posted
1 hour ago, konig said:

It will be dificult to be second in medal table, Colombia increases the diferences more and more with the time........

It's mostly because they will win everything in skating (8 medals with no serious competition in this continent...) and because of one boy that won everything in gymnastics except the rings (7 golds lol).

Other than that it's not really an impressive performance from them.

South American Youth Games 2022
Posted
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Really strange decision to have very few events between Monday-Wednesday.

I believe it's because there was a big shift between kids that already finished and those that compete this week. The lodging in these games is limited (there's nothing like an athletes village, I think they are in hotels). Understand, all this is being organized with pennies.  

Junior Pan American Games 2021
Posted

You add a bunch more non olympic sports + hockey/rugby (absent here) + larger water sports presence + more serious competition in things like Cycling and the result is Colombia probably below Argentina again in Santiago (which won't mean our sport is great, far from it...).

Posted
1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Argentina, Brazil and Mexico all had terrible performances in women's artistic gymnastics. Argentina had the worst day of them all, though. It's going to be USA for the gold medal, Brazil with the silver medal and Mexico with the bronze medal.

It's a little unfair because 13 year-old girls were not allowed in this competition, and Argentina's best girls are all 13 years old. Bummer.

Where do you even get news about 13 year old argentinian gymnasts? 

Posted
29 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

The Uruguayan Basketball League regularly suspends matches for rain. Almost no court has underground heating.

Why does underground heating matter for an indoor arena? 

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026
Posted
hace 57 minutos, dcro dijo:

Athletics was 2001/02. Most of the others too I assume.

Either way, athletics gives most athletes.

I just checked and it's less than half sports. However it does include athletics and gymnastics out of the most crowded sports (though the women in gymnastics are so young at YOG that some are born in the year of the next SOG).

Posted
hace 10 minutos, dcro dijo:

I just realized that athletes born in Summer Olympic years will never be eligible (in most sports) to compete at Summer YOG. Oh the irony. :lol:

What? I don't understand. I'm very sure there were athletes born in 2000 back in 2018 and in majority of sports :mumble:

Posted

Why is it postponed for 4 years?:lol: couldn't it be for 1 or 2?   

I'm sad about the generation of athletes that won't have this experience. Despite the joke sports the event has a beautiful energy, one of the most engaging things I attended to as sport fan.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
hace 6 horas, mrv86 dijo:

Well, without going further in a thread that doesn't belong, let's say I'm against any word that finishes in "-ism". As a profesor at high school said, "any ism seeks to have the absolute truth in a world of relatives"

So.. your professor advocated for relativism :lol:   

Not that it is a bad thing.

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018
Posted
hace 3 horas, thiago_simoes dijo:

Very interesting read, but my heart broke when I learned that Ernesto Rodrigues III died last year. He compiled a book with the results of the South American Games, as well as the Pan Am Games and the Olympic Games, but the one about the SA Games remain the only credible source of historical results for the competition. He even distributed it for free. I e-mailed him once and he replied with enthusiasm about his book. Oh, man. Life is unfair. He will be missed.

He had an account here: @EPHECTO only posted once though. He died a few days before Rodrigo Huk if I recall correctly.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Justo ahora, bestmen dijo:

in Judo PARETO, Paula :ARG the Olympic champion ,only 5th place

she lost vs Cuban and Mexican :yikes:

She was injured all tournament (some cervical problem), she didn't even show up for the bronze.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Justo ahora, thiago_simoes dijo:

Brazil, the US and Chile are strong in Polo too.

If it's played without limitations of player level Argentina has no opponent (I'm guessing that probably wouldn't be the case though).

In fact Polo was kicked out of the olympics because Argentina won too easily.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

No way they drop baseball, it's just too big in the continent.

What I read is that Chile will include rink hockey, polo and expand the water ski program while they will remove pelota.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Lol our female karateca is so bad. She got punched in the face like a hundred times by the brazilian woman, it's cruel to say but it was a bit funny to watch.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

OMG Kenia Lechuga won the gold out of nowhere in rowing. Insane final 200m from her, she was 3rd and not even in the picture before that.

What a disappointment to lose this one...

Pan American Games 2019
Posted (edited)

Battle for the 6th place on the "super saturday" :pope:

We still have 8 solid chances of gold:

-Men's hockey (should be a win in any normal day).

-both trinquete in pelota (should be two easy wins).

-1500m free W swimming (should be easy).

-lightning medal race (2 point advantage over Brazil, which means they have to beat them or they lose it).

- lightweight single sculls W and the 8 (both should be very close though). 

- men's football final (it's Honduras but you never know at this level).

Other than this we also have 3 other finals in pelota (2 which are even, one impossible) and the team final in racquetball (quite hard). Also, I don't have a precise idea of the chances of our lightweight fours in rowing.

Oh, and I have simply no clue who is supposed to win in bodybuilding.

Now :COL I think their remaining chances are the 4 speed skating, Alvear in Judo, 2 in compound archery and the road races in cycling? Don't know what their chances are like in Wrestling and Karate...

Edited by LDOG

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 55 minutos, konig dijo:

I really dont understand the users who says that Cuba is "much stronger" than Argentina in male waterpolo......like you can see, it is not exactly like that.

That was @Olympian1010   

I think he also said the windsurfer from Aruba was "the best by far" in this competition :lol: