website statistics
Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2019
Posted
49 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

I understand the feeling. I always support the US's opponents in any sporting contest. Like Donald Trump your knowledge of other countries is impressive. I had no idea France and Georgia were in the "south".

Hence the “with the exception :evil:”. I just like France, and I think it’s cool that Georgia has a semi-decent team. I actually generally cheer for the British, but in commonwealth sports I cheer for other nations. Also, compare me to Donald Trump again, and I’ll show you a Brexit :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

31 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Qualification criteria - that's something for me too. :) I won't help much with graphics, but maybe something with the results...

I’ll PM you in Discord tomorrow, so we can start that process and brainstorm. I’m still working on many of the venues too, so it will be a bit before I know for certain wether or not I can pull this off.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, I said before. I’d really love to feature Totallympians in my “mock” games. I could use help with the visual look (posters, logo, graphics ideas, pictograms, etc.) , and some of the more challenging bits like coming up with the qualification criteria.

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Do you need a commentator?

So yes/no. Obviously that’s a problem a bit down the line. The main thing is how a broadcast the games. I use an app on my to broadcast the games. The way I do it however is a bit unorthodox.

First, I record the raw footage of events. Then I use mostly iMovie (because I took a class on basic film and motion picture making and learned to use iMovie) to edit the the complete event replay/broadcast. I then then send that video to the app. In the app I broadcast the video and overlay the graphics. It’s broadcast to YouTube in live time or uploaded, but not shown until a certain time (So I could have a broadcast schedule for the games).

So the commentary is the piece missing. For now, I’d say yes. If my idea ever makes it to that point where commentary is needed, we can work out the specifics then.

Well, I’ve been building the venues, but the “If you build it, they will come” mentality isn’t working. I haven’t found enough, or really any players, interested in doing a Minecraft Olympic Games play-through. So it’s time for some ingenuity and creative thinking. I’ve come up with a way to have a 2020 Minecraft Winter YOG simulation. I’m going to use the in-game CPUs to play the sports. The games will be fully broadcasted in OBS/IBGS style on YouTube. I will also have qualification systems, results, and other information available. Anyone can follow along or make suggestions. I’m sure their aren’t many people in this community, or any community, that are interested in this, but a little feedback and suggestions/opinions wouldn’t hurt. 

I would like some opinions as to the following:

A) All countries are eligible to qualify for the games

B) Only countries with Totallympics members can qualify for the games

If anyone would like to help in any way, I’d love to work on the project together. For example, ifs there’s any artists or graphic designers on the forum who’d like to a crack at making some winter sports pictograms; I’d love to feature your designs. If anyone would like to make up qualification systems; I’d love your input. If anyone would to help results documents, etc: I’d love to work with you. If anyone has another service or skill they’d like to provide; I’d gladly except your help.

This is a project I’ve been working on for years, and I’d hate to see my work and dedication go to waste. I know it’s rather dumb and childish, but it makes me happy and helps me drown out the negative parts of life and that’s what’s important. Plus, I just think it would be cool to try and though a mini multi-sport games recreation. 

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2019
Posted
15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So north thinks they rule it all and south thinks only they play it right. 

Right, sure :d

And like a proper American I support the Southern teams (with the exception of Georgia and France) because fuck the British :p

Just now, heywoodu said:

Didn't find it on WAKO either :d Just the YouTube channel, but I just don't have the time to go through hours of this as well while I'm still catching up from the past few weeks :p 

Shouldn’t have taken a trip. I can’t go one day without spending time with my wife (sports :yes)

Just now, heywoodu said:

Any idea where results and such can be found? There's no Wiki for this and the official Sarajevo website is...let's say, not very useful :p 

The Netherlands has been in the top of kickboxing for years, but I wonder how they do in this version.

Check WAKO. Full streaming and replays are available on their YouTube channel as well.

Men's Baseball MLB 2019
Posted
43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hello, cheering for the Astros. As far as I give a rat's ass about who wins the 'World' Series. Not going to go all 'omg rashish gesture now I hate them hurdur' on them.

Well as sports journalist I feel the need to support the three woman journalist, so... Go Nationals :cheer:

Just now, TomJa said:

I just wonder why this discipline includes a basketball skills show. What is this supposed to check? Jumping? Accuracy check?

No clue. I just went ahead a forgot about this event if I’m being honest. They aren’t showing it on TV anyways.

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Does this event feature flying unicorns? :)

No, it features a stand alone flying event, and then pretty much a normal modern pentathlon.

Minigolf Discussion Thread
Posted

World Minigolf World Championships Will happen this week. Minigolf is a GAISF sport. Here’s the upcoming livestream for those interested:

Ice Climbing Discussion Thread
Posted
8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So there is just a tiny World Cup series, having three continental championships would have been unique, it being a demo sport in the Youth Olympics has been cancelled....yet they want to be included in the Olympics within a handful of years? No way, that is way too early. Get everything in order first..

That’s thing, everything was in order. I don’t know what happened behind the scenes. It isn’t good, because the organization seems to have a roadblock.

There’s also a 5/6 stop European Tour, so there’s actually 12 elite events (counting the Asian Championships too) this season (or at least there is supposed to be). :NED:IRI:IRL:LIE would have legitimate medal hopes in this sport currently (not to mention US, RUS, FIN, FRA, SUI, KOR, CHN)

Also, the record World Cup attendance for this sport is 40k spectators. It would definitely deserve an Olympic spot. The World Cup is been established since 2002, the events have good television coverage, and there’s a good mix of competitive nations (though :RUS and :KOR killed everyone last year). I really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. I hope that it doesn’t kill the chances of Ice Climbing going Olympic soon. This is such a unique sport, with a lot heritage and history. Plus, it’s very different from anything currently on the program.

Ice Climbing Discussion Thread
Posted

Well, I found some sad news from the UIAA today. 

There will now be four World Cups, not five. North American World Cup(s) are now scheduled for 2020-2021. Consequently, there will also be no North American Championship. The Ice Climbing showcase scheduled for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lausanne has been cancelled.”

This season was set to be the biggest, and best ice climbing season of all time. There would 3 continents visited on the world tour and 3 continental championships for the first time. However, it appears the UIAA has had to downsize the season :(. The good news is that it looks the US West Coast will still get its event. Hopefully I’ll be able to attend in 2020 or 2021. It’s also official that Ice Clombing will not be a demo sport at the 2020 YOG :(. However, the UIAA are putting in a major effort (at least from what I’ve heard and seen in the media and on their website) to get Ice Climbing into the 2026 Winter Olympics I believe. I really hope the IOC give us natural track luge and ice climbing in 2026.

Men's Baseball MLB 2019
Posted

The Astros have become a villains of the World Series in the US. Anyone, not an Astros fan is cheering for the Nationals now. Odd situation all around, and totally despicable behavior from the Astros organization.

Also, remember that last year during the World Series, it was their players who made racist gestures towards a Japanese pitcher.

E-Sports Discussion Thread
Posted
Just now, KingOfTheRhinos said:

I love stuff like OWL and CWL (now called CDL), despite how much I hate Blizzard/Activision I'm too passionate about them to stop playing and watching.

I'm love both Traditional sports and esports but as someone who plays video games instead of traditional sport I'm more into esports.

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, I’ve just seen too much of the dark side of the community to able to enjoy myself. When used to play competitively, I’d play COD, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, or Rocket League. Obviously three of those are famous for toxic communities so...

Nowadays I mostly play Minecraft, Steep, Speedrunners, or Jackbox with friends.

I’m glad we finally have someone knowing about esports in the community :clap:. I’d love to know your feelings about Fortnite Chapter 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

What are you interested in then?

CSGO, OW, DOTA, RL etc.

Real Sports :p.

In all reality, I’ve just never been interested in competitive gaming. I many ways I am progressive, but I find the when it comes to sports I am more of traditionalist. I prefer the traditional disciplines of Parkour, Climbing, and Skating. The same goes for gaming. I love watching someone causally game, or I myself like to causally game. I might play competitive every once in a while, but I’ve found that the competitive community has the most social issues, and is actually huge bee racial, nationalistic, and gender hatred. I’ve had poor experiences with the competitive community.

All that said, I can enjoy a good match of Overwatch League (or at least I used to before China ran Blizzard). I used to watch the Halo and COD world championships. I am pretty much strictly a console gamer as well, so again, more traditional.

Posted
30 minutes ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Anyone been watching Worlds?

No, LOL doesn’t really do it for me.

Karate 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

She moved to :DOM at age 6 with her family.

Oh, not the answer I expected. So she’s a true :DOM competitor then? That’s awesome.

On 30/09/2019 at 12:48, Olympian1010 said:

For those who want to see real freerunning, this is the pinnacle competition of the year (goes live this weekend):

Bullshit! Bullshit! What a fucking joke this event has become! Fuck Morocco. That’s not parkour and it’s sure as hell not parkour. Not to mention it was the least clean run of the competition. The Brits final run was 3 million times better. Fuck Red Bull and Fuck this event. Maybe we should just let the FIG steal this sport, if this is how the crown jewel event is going to run.

1. :MAR 

2. :GBR

3. :GRE

On a more positive note. I was really impressed by the talent of everyone involved (save the Moroccan). The women were ultra impressive and through insanely difficult tricks that I didn’t expect them to. The girl from :TUR really impressive with her natural parkour style (it’s a shame she damaged a UNESCO World Heritage Site). What I saw today really makes think the sport deserves to be an Olympic sport. However, we’ll need better venues and a more codified judging system. Great job to the all the freerunners involved.