website statistics
Darts Discussion Thread
Posted
3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

It is by the evidence of 80 pages and other threads for the big events of past years. :d But almost no one comments in the last 1-2 years. I myself haven't been watching as much as 4-5-7 years ago, but still follow all results and watch whenever i can.

Presume people prioritise other stuff to watch as well. Also some of the decisions the PDC have made lately have hindered some of my interests. That and because it's not been on regular TV here in years. 

I watched the entire PDC World Championships this year apart from a couple of sessions in the afternoon before Christmas when I was working. 
I’ve always been a massive darts fan :d

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2023
Posted
Just now, konig said:

I want to say the contrary but........it wont be honest doing that :p

No shame for you guys, you played who is in front of you. Just the stupid draw system. I really hope they change it next time and not make the draw 3 years in advance when the order of world rugby could completely change in that period. I feel so bad for Scotland too as they are a million miles better than England, Wales or Fiji.

Posted
Just now, hckošice said:

Man hearthbreaking for the host to lose this way... Feel for :IRL and :FRA both definitely deserved more than they achieved here...

So now it is :ENG vs the world :p

These were the semi-finals in truth. The other half of the draw has essentially been a plate trophy :d

Posted
7 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Definitely both yesterdays :IRL - :NZL and this :FRA - :RSA are a great ad for rugby especially in countries where this sport had no tradition, people here are watching it thanks Czech TV and the numbers of viewers are really growing fast (me included)

Yeah, if you've only ever seen Rugby Sevens, you would have no idea as to how good rugby is to watch.

For anyone who calls themselves a sports fan and you've not been watching these 2 epic semi finals, you need to re-evaluate your life :p **kidding, but not kidding**

Posted

Somehow we are still in this match despite playing against ourselves with all our errors and a really clinical and sharp New Zealand team who mean business here. We need to be so much better in the second half to stand a chance.

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted

:NZL New Zealand 22-32 Ireland :IRL

Ireland achieved one of the rarest things in sport by winning a test series against the All Blacks in their own backyard. They are the first nation to do so since France won a 2-mach series against them in NZ in 1994! It also moves Ireland to the top of the world rankings.

It was a match full of records for all the wrong reasons for the All Blacks.... they trailed 3-22 at half-time which is their worst ever deficit at half-time in their history. It is also a 5th win for Ireland against the All Blacks in 8 meetings which is unthinkable given we went literally over a century to get our first victory against them.

Posted

Chile qualified for the World Cup for the first time ever :CHI  :bounce: :hyper: :clap:

They have beaten USA in Colorado by a scoreline of 29-31 to win the 2-legged play-off on 52-51!! They came back from 19-0 down in this match as well (20 behind on aggregate)... what a comeback!

Massive result for Chile and for the first time ever, there will be 3 South American nations at the Rugby World Cup!

USA will now go to the World Repechage and will attempt to win the final World Cup berth.... standing in their way will be :POR :KEN and most likely :HKG though they have to play-off against Tonga first.

Chile's first ever World Cup campaign will see them meet :ENG :JPN :ARG and :SAM in Pool D.

@Pabloffo Congratulations! I am wondering how this news will be received in Chile and if it makes headlines? :)

Posted

:NAM Namibia 36-0 Kenya :KEN

Namibia qualify for their 7th Rugby World Cup (they haven't missed a single edition since making their debut in 1999).

They go into Pool A alongside hosts :FRA France, :NZL New Zealand, :ITA Italy and :URU Uruguay. Namibia are still looking to win their first match at a World Cup having failed in 19 attempts.

Kenya enter the World Repechage tournament which offers one final ticket to make it to the 2023 World Cup.

:CHI Chile 21-22 :USA United States

Chile are still in the fight to qualify for their first ever World Cup, losing narrowly to the USA in the first leg of their 2-legged play-off in Santiago. The return leg is scheduled for next Saturday in Colorado, USA. Chile already knocked out Canada, ending the Canadians perfect record of appearing in every World Cup.

The winner of this 2-legged tie will qualify directly for the World Cup while the loser will enter the World Repechage for one final shot at qualifying. This repechage will be contested by 4 nations with the winner claiming the last spot in the World Cup Finals. :POR Portugal and :KEN Kenya are 2 of those contenders, with the loser of Chile / USA joining them alongside the Asia/Pacific play-off runner-up (most likely :HKG Hong Kong as Tonga should easily defeat them in the play-off).