website statistics
8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

We have to save the day by getting the 5th place in men's epee. And then hope that at least two out of :ITA  :FRA  :HUN  will be in the Top4 on the Olympic ranking after all the World Cup events are done. We can be in deep shit if :KOR and :VEN win against :FRA and :ITA today. 

france and italy have the advantage to go to the final, and let's hope that kazakhstan finishes 8th

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Disaster, :VEN upsets :HUN in men's epee.... we got one of the most talented team with two World Champions and this happens. Why do we have to make the qualification hard for ourselves? 

korea, kazakhstan and venezuela in the top 4 it's a disaster for hungary france italy

Fencing FIE World Championships 2023
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Illya said:

it can't because Russians support putin and war in Ukraine. We cannot shake hands to people who financed missiles which killed our nation every motherf.cking day

these athletes have nothing to do with it, it's a bit easy to make this deduction..

Edited by Benolympique

50 minutes ago, Vektor said:

As for the handshake issue: it's beyond stupid for fencing to force athlete to shake hands. Even tennis, one of the most high class sports there is, allows players to not shake hands. FIE and the fencing community are full of themselves if they think that this is okay. And not just for the Ukraine-Russia situation. Don't ignore the human element of the sport, you can't force athletes to respect each other. 

I don't agree, in all sports we greet each other, it's a rule of respect, I find it sad that politics take over sport, which must be outside of all that.

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

The placement matches are done in women's epee with the exception of the final.

If :ITA wins against :POL in the final, this is how the Olympic ranking will look

1. :ITA  204 pts - World 1

2. :KOR  196 pts - World 2

3. :FRA  192 pts - World 3

4. :POL  172 pts - World 4

---

5. :USA  135 pts - America

6. :SUI  134 pts - Europe

7. :HKG  132 pts - Asia

8. :UKR  124 pts

9. :HUN  122 pts

10. :CHN  114 pts

11. :CAN  113 pts

12. :EGY  108 pts - Africa

13. :EST  105 pts

14. :ISR  104 pts

15. :JPN  98 pts

16. :MAR  68 pts

17. :SWE  68 pts

What does the final ranking look like, after Poland's victory?

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

in terms of the Olympic Qualification, good that :NED and :SUI lost in the rd of 32, but Tomorrow's matchup between :ITA and :CZE is crucial for our team

we absolutely need to win that and score some big points at the end of the tournament

hopefully, also :KAZ should be stopped by :FRA so to allow both the European powerhouses to close down on the top 4 of the OQR

but that's how it will be! Finally, I hope !

8 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

against Germany...not sure what I want...

Italian win so they have a minor chance to reach Top4 (instead of Korea/USA) or German win would reduce the distance to overtake Italy...

we must hope for italy top4 and hope that the usa comes out of this top

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

It will be :SUI, they got a big advantage over us thanks to their upset against France. :HUN and :UKR still have a chance, but they will have to work extra hard to overtake Switzerland. 

you can make us a simulation when for the girls of the sword?

6 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

that loss is hurting Germany's chances to qualify...
I don't think that they will be able to pass Italy in the ranking, so their only chance is that Italy overtakes Korea (i.e. direct quotas for Hungary, Italy and France)

if france enters the top 4, the host country place cannot be given?

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Yes, they can. As long as you qualify at the least 4 teams, you can invite two more and have the full squad in Paris. 

THANKS; because I am not serene for these 2 weapons, my big disappointment is the epee me'ns ! there are 3 world cups left?

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Okay, let's try this...

Predicted WCh placements

1. :KOR  2. :ITA  3. :GER  4. :HUN  5. :FRA  6. :USA  7. :CHN  8. :JPN

Projected Olympic ranking

1. :KOR  217 pts - World 1

2. :ITA  192 pts - World 2

3. :USA  176 pts - World 3

4. :HUN  172 pts - World 4

---

5. :FRA  160 pts - Europe

6. :GER  150 pts 

7. :IRI  142 pts - Asia

8. :EGY  128 pts - Africa

9. :CAN  116 pts - America

10. :CHN  116 pts

11. :JPN  114 pts

12. :ROU  99 pts

13. :GEO  98 pts

14. :ESP  89 pts

15. :TUR  83 pts

16. :TUN  76 pts

17. :UKR  76 pts

if France fails to qualify 1 or 2 teams (men's saber and men's epee , it can recover them on host country quotas?