website statistics
Il y a 6 heures , dcro a déclaré:

Well, I wasn't saying that the site is bad (I think it's a very handy site and I visit it quite often). Just that IAAF lists are the official ones at the end of the day. :p

Anyway, I also noticed that :BOT Karabo Mothibi (men's 100m) and :ZAM Kabange Mupopo (women's 200m) are not there. Don't remember if there was someone else.

Thank you very much for the information dcro. Indeed, the federations from Botswana and Zambia tend to send their results exclusively to the IAAF and not communicate them to anyone else which is why other statistics database won't have them.

I am just wondering whether Mothibi's 10.16 can be used as a qualifying performance or not, as there is no wind indicated.

Il y a 11 heures , dcro a déclaré:

road-to-rio page isn't the most trusted source. I get that they want to update the lists as soon as possible (sooner than IAAF). But in the end IAAF is more trusted. For example, :CPV Jordin Andrade (400m hurdles) qualified some time ago according to IAAF rankings (and according to their NOC), but he's name is still not on road-to-rio page.

The road-to-rio page is a very huge project to manage for one or two people. The list are not compiled by the site itself but are extracted from the  Tilastopaja statistics website. The road-to-rio page then then adds all the qualification and selection information. There are so many events happening throughout the world, athletes switching allegiance to get a shot at competing in Rio, athletes getting injured or disqualified for doping, and countries starting to announce their selection,  that it is difficult to keep track of everything.

Jordin Andrade was listed on the site but still as an American. I have sent a note to the website and his citizenship has been updated now.

Oliver is really reactive. So if you think there is a mistake or some information missing, don't hesitate to drop him a note. http://www.road-to-rio.com/about.php