website statistics
Athletics WA World Championships 2023
Posted
8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

One year until Paris and France has shown good progress in many sports, but athletics is not one of them. They have been hardly visible so far.

Only two individuals TOP8 (and a 4th place in the mixed relay) for the moment.. Athletics never was our best sport, but it's getting worse. :cry:

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Nice jinx from the commentators :lol: our sole medal hope gone just like that by crashing at the 8th hurdle while being clearly in the lead...

...so yeah, Back to nothing as usual :p

Hockey season starts soon :cheer:

I saw it live, she seemed emotionally crushed after the race :(

Athletics at the European Games 2023
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Just want to be the first to say that I don’t for one minute believe that :FRA will be relegated. :popcorn: 

I don't think so too but our athletics federation is SO incompetent and SO corrupted that I'm IN NEEDS for something big to happen to finally see its leaders leave somehow :cry:

Edited by Styrka

The relays are our last hope for a Gold medal.. 

No first place for :FRA in these championships, despite the record of french athletes (99). Not really surprised, the executives (rulers? I don't know the word in English I'm sorry!!) of the French athletics federation are perfect clowns since many years now. Poor athletes who are not helped in any means. :nopompom:

This championships being so close to the Olympics, it seems that teams are sending a B-squad, minus Poland ?

France sends many ""young"" athletes to introduce them to senior championships.

Sad that Ukrainians had to forfeit. :(

Anyways, very excited to follow the championships! :clap:

à l’instant, heywoodu a dit :

Well, should the federation really know every private thing athletes do? I mean, it's not like an actual doctor came and did anything.

Yeah for sure ! But the session taking place in the hotel seems to be problematic (+ the fact that our championships are a disaster, minus the two medals). That seems to create a mini-crisis too, because one of the doctor from the french staff left and went back to France.:facepalm:

à l’instant, bestmen a dit :

They are showing Robert michon , they think she can be on podium :whistle:

Typical France Televisions. Every athlete can get a medal with them. :facepalm:

But Robert Michon is a lovely lady, she does a lot for athletics / throwing in France.

Apparently, at the beginning of the week, a hypnotist went to the French hotel, and did an hypnosis session to some athletes, without the leaders of the federation knowing. lmao

I can't with our current team or federation.. :facepalm: And now Amdouni with this case of doping. :bounce:

à l’instant, OlympicsFan a dit :

Mayer is probably the biggest favorite here, so he should be safe. I wonder what happened with Diniz, did he shit himself again? I thought that he would win gold, but he had a stinker once again and i am not sure whether he will be able to handle the conditions better in Tokyo next year, especially given his age.

All week, Diniz was groaning against the conditions. I think he didn't even want to compete here in Doha. He's one of the commentator for the television now. :facepalm: I'm really afraid for next year too.

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019
Posted (edited)

Can I say that the best result for France for the moment is a 6th place ? :lol:

French commentators are desperate. As soon as a french athlete appears, he/she is "a new hope". lmao

Mayer please save us !!!

Edited by Styrka

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019
Posted (edited)
à l’instant, heywoodu a dit :

Too bad it's barely shown, so I pretty much know every jump already before seeing it, which takes all the excitement out of it :( 

Ow no ! :cry:

For once, we have a good coverage of High Jump here with French TV. Usually, we're seeing absolutely nothing (but this time we have litteraly no coverage for Discus Throw :crazy: ).

Edited by Styrka