website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

I am expecting no medal from boxing. Last time we saw many unfair decisions against Indian boxers when we had a proper federation back home to support them but this time around, we don't even have a boxing federation. We have been already robbed of many quotas making sure that they don't have to do it in Rio like they did in London. Shiva is the strongest medal contender but I am afraid about his medal.

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

Guys, shooting quotas belong to the country, not to the individual. India has 2 quotas earned in 10m air rifle women - by Apurvi and Ayonika. But both quotas belong to India and NRAI can send any two shooters they desire to send, provided the shooter has met the MQS standard. So NRAI can still send Pooja if they so desire.

With that said, there is absolutely no chance of Pooja going. The NRAI is very firm and transparent on its selection policies and they don't change. They on purpose declare the team as early as March (in fact, the orig plan was to declare in Jan, got delayed because of the dealy in the Asian quota tournament) because they believe in providing athletes stability and a worry-free period of training, where their olympic place is assured and thus they can experiment, participate in as many tournaments as they want and skip whatever tournaments they want. Pooja has been doing well, but she's not gonna go to Rio !!!

@kapil857   @sameerph    @Sanjib guys - In 2012 that was the rule that the quotas belong to the country .................ISSF has laid down a rule for rio that any country  can exchange a maximum of 1 quota place only ...................

for example - 

A total of eighteen shooters were provisionally named to the Chinese team, including two double starters, at the end of Olympic trials for rifle and shooting. As per ISSF rules, China had decided to exchange one of them with the men's 50 m rifle prone spot, which was awarded to Zhao Shengbo. Hence, the remaining berth was returned to ISSF for reallocation as they cannot exchange more than 1 quota 

@MantaRaymarc as the shooting qualification thread host do explain

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Expecting Medals from Deepika , Yogeshwar , Saina , Deepa Karmakar , Abhinav Bindra and Indian Men's Hockey Team. Total 6 medals. My prediction is that India will win 6 medals at Rio ( 2 Silver and 4 Bronze ).

9 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Expecting Medals from Deepika , Yogeshwar , Saina , Deepa Karmakar , Abhinav Bindra and Indian Men's Hockey Team. Total 6 medals. My prediction is that India will win 6 medals at Rio ( 2 Silver and 4 Bronze ).

tirtha did you see my list of 20medal prospects +20 long shots  on  this page http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/84-india-national-thread/&page=164

do tell me what you think ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

44 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

@kapil857   @sameerph    @Sanjib guys - In 2012 that was the rule that the quotas belong to the country .................ISSF has laid down a rule for rio that any country  can exchange a maximum of 1 quota place only ...................

for example - 

A total of eighteen shooters were provisionally named to the Chinese team, including two double starters, at the end of Olympic trials for rifle and shooting. As per ISSF rules, China had decided to exchange one of them with the men's 50 m rifle prone spot, which was awarded to Zhao Shengbo. Hence, the remaining berth was returned to ISSF for reallocation as they cannot exchange more than 1 quota 

@MantaRaymarc as the shooting qualification thread host do explain

Again this is a different case where they wanted to exchange the quota from one event to another.

A country is free to select any athlete within the event for which one of it's athletes has earned a quota place. That is not called a exchange of quota.

29 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

tirtha did you see my list of 20medal prospects +20 long shots  on  this page http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/84-india-national-thread/&page=164

do tell me what you think ?

Very comprehensive and neat analysis. excellent work :bowdown:

26 minutes ago, RickygoestoRio said:

How can you write off Jitu Rai?shooter may bring us some more.

Everyone has their own opinion and prediction which is a combination of their own logic, intellect and what their heart says. :)