website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

can you do your anti-totallympics results site propaganda outside of the forum at least :rolleyes:

Hold up. His question was, among other things, how to make his collection public, which I just assumed meant 'the largest possible audience' so as many people as possible can enjoy it. Surely it's allowed to answer a question, even if not everyone likes it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you want to share them with as many people as possible, put them on Wikipedia. There is no better place for a large collection of results, basically, especially in terms of audience (everyone knows Wikipedia) and how easy it is to use (click on an athlete's name and see their profile, and so on).

Right, but I want people to be able to enjoy them in their original format, and it’s not just results. It’s bunch of “cool” information material I’ve collected.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hold up. His question was, among other things, how to make his collection public, which I just assumed meant 'the largest possible audience' so as many people as possible can enjoy it. Surely it's allowed to answer a question, even if not everyone likes it.

That is correct. I do plan to start aiding with multi-sports Wikipedia at some point. My coding skills just aren’t there yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, but I want people to be able to enjoy them in their original format, and it’s not just results. It’s bunch of “cool” information material I’ve collected.

I believe on Wikipedia there's an option to link to sources, right? I think that's how I first heard about LA84.

Suggestion: post results on Wikipedia if they aren't there yet, see if you can post the PDF's and stuff and so on somewhere on a Totallympics site, link to the Totallympics site (where all the 'extra' stuff is collected as well) as source on Wikipedia: win-win including some exposure for Totallympics on one of the world's biggest websites :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I believe on Wikipedia there's an option to link to sources, right? I think that's how I first heard about LA84.

Suggestion: post results on Wikipedia if they aren't there yet, see if you can post the PDF's and stuff and so on somewhere on a Totallympics site, link to the Totallympics site (where all the 'extra' stuff is collected as well) as source on Wikipedia: win-win including some exposure for Totallympics on one of the world's biggest websites :cheer: 

I can look into that. The only with posting the PDFs to Totallympics is the data storage. I can share them directly from the cloud where I’m storing them, but that’s my one copy, and if someone fucks with it....well it’s a sad day for me. If LA84 is willing to accept my collection, I can just link them from there to Totallympics. All that of course lies on LA84 having an interest on my work, and allowing me to be a contributor to their digital library.

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can look into that. The only with posting the PDFs to Totallympics is the data storage. I can share them directly from the cloud where I’m storing them, but that’s my one copy, and if someone fucks with it....well it’s a sad day for me. If LA84 is willing to accept my collection, I can just link them from there to Totallympics. All that of course lies on LA84 having an interest on my work, and allowing me to be a contributor to their digital library.

Aren't there like a gazillion free cloud services where 25GB or something really is no issue at all? Just save them at two of those :p 

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Aren't there like a gazillion free cloud services where 25GB or something really is no issue at all? Just save them at two of those :p 

I do :d

The problem comes to where the PDF link is hosted. I don’t want people snooping around my account. I have things besides my collection saved. I actually have stuff spread across three accounts in terms of my collection. I also began using Web Archive to save stuff for later :yes 

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I learned of their library’s existence yesterday. I sent them an email yesterday evening, but I’ve yet to hear back (which is fine, I don’t expect instantaneous service). I don’t know a lot about the library, but I’m very familiar with LA84, and I love the work they do. Do you know anything about them?

Yesterday? Oh my gawd :spank:

About your concern though, perhaps you start a blogspot to arrange them. Uploading to Internet Archive while donating to them is also a good option

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

About your concern though, perhaps you start a blogspot to arrange them. Uploading to Internet Archive while donating to them is also a good option

I have started the process of saving pages in web archive, since there’s a severe need there. I just don’t have the money to pay for storage in multiple places. 

I’m hopeful they’ll find a home (besides my cloud, which is their forever home) soon enough. Hopefully the LA84 people get back to me. I’ve had a few other doors opened to me as well.

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Just took a while to play around in web archive, and wow am I dumb! There’s a useful tool. I’m a stupid, stupid person. I should have been doing this from day one :facepalm: