Equestrian FEI Eventing European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Dragon said:

Last three Olympics.

Number of horses under the time limit:

2008  0

2012  5

2016  6

Right. Rio 2016 was kind of more challenging than London 2012 though, which had a lot of riders just outside of the optimum time.

#banbestmen

Okay agree, then the limit really seems to be too low. However, I'd prefer limits which can be achieved by a couple of pairs rather than the Beijing or Badminton courses. Real quick horses shouldn't be pushed that hard only to gain another second, imo.

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

Okay agree, then the limit really seems to be too low. However, I'd prefer limits which can be achieved by a couple of pairs rather than the Beijing or Badminton courses. Real quick horses shouldn't be pushed that hard only to gain another second, imo.

Yeah, but tight time doesn't equal pushing quick horses. Masterful riders achieve time by being extremely efficient and by tackling obstacles in the same, consistent rhytm. That's why someone like Christopher Burton can go inside the time with any given horse, and on any given course.

#banbestmen

After cross-country...

Individual

:GER Jung (fischerChipmunk) - 20.90

:GER Klimke (SAP Hale Bob) - 22.20

:FRA Thibaut Vallette (Qing du Briot) - 25.80

:NED Tim Lips (Bayro) - 26.00

:GBR Oliver Townend (Cooley Master Class) - 27.60

I wonder if Klimke can become the first rider since 2001 to defend ECh title on the same horse? Chipmunk is really not that great in show jumping...

Team

:GER 78.50

:GBR 92.80

:FRA 93.60

:ITA 99.20

:SWE 101.10

:IRL 103.30

:BEL 146.60

:SUI 164.10

:AUT 1137.30

:NED 2026.00

:FIN 2038.20

:ESP 2052.70

Quotas are probably decided, barring any drama at the horse inspection.

#banbestmen

Clear round, followed by another clear round, and another clear round... :sleep:

This event will be a glorified dressage competition. And, trust me, eventing dressage is really not worth that. Definitely not the 4* dressage that we witnessed here.

#banbestmen