website statistics

Wrestling UWW African & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

:FSM almost scored a fall! :yikes:

Leading 4-1

that was his golden chance, once in a lifetime chance. I was somehow screaming , "don't let him go" "don't let him go" 

he could score because the Algerian guy was confused at the first. we saw what happened in the second period when he realized the FSM wrestler is not that bad and tried to be conservative.

what a pity. he really had the chance :(

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Looking at such good wrestlers from Oceania I'm literally cursing IOC. 288 quotas for wrestling, 390 for judo despite wrestling being older than judo. Like can't IOC give at least 36 quotas from judo to wrestling (18 in each event) 

Well, on one hand you can argue that :ASA:FSM:GUM and possibly :PLW could stand their own against Australia right now.

But then again, I bet Australia would be a whole lot more competitive if Oceania was given a spot per category... Perhaps enough to completely shut down these island nations...

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, on one hand you can argue that :ASA:FSM:GUM and possibly :PLW could stand their own against Australia right now.

But then again, I bet Australia would be a whole lot more competitive if Oceania was given a spot per category... Perhaps enough to completely shut down these island nations...

I know they may bring Iranians or Georgians to represent them like I at least want 1 tripartite invitation in each category so that above 2-3 nations qualify. I'm ok with making world champs get only 5 quotas rather than 6 at the expense of a tripartite quota or reallocation quota given to nation with no qualified wrestler with best ranking like shooting 

The Egyptian guy Fathi gassed once again like his other matches, but this time the opponent didn't give him a second chance. he is good actually but with this level of conditioning he can't do anything.

btw the Iranian guy of Australia was dominating this Tunisian wrestler in the first round but then he gave up a take down and Dakhlaoui turned him multiple times for a 14-3 win.

I also think we share the same blood with the Egyptians :d their wrestlers always complain even when the call is "clearly" correct. that's our speciality ! :p