website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

But why don't they wait till the end of the official tournament if it is at all possible ................. and see who shoots better in the team and individual 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

20 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Are you sure as the official world archery entry lists are showing rahul not mangal ...Can they  change the list - I think they can ? 

I checked the score swings

Rahul had a break score of ............... 329/327 

Mangal had a break score of ..............320/331 

which means that Mangal scored very well in the second part compared to the first part while rahul was more even ........ so it makes sense to go with Mangal  ( also mangal had a shocker 5 somewhere in the first part not clear why ) 

Yes that was what I was told by a guy from Archery Association of India. He said it is possible to change team and swap players. He also claimed that Mangal is in better form than Rahul

9 minutes ago, Smit said:

Yes that was what I was told by a guy from Archery Association of India. He said it is possible to change team and swap players. He also claimed that Mangal is in better form than Rahul

I personally based on the break score pattern as well as Mangal Champia recent record feel it is better choice 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

40 minutes ago, Smit said:

I am still not sure about that. Maybe that guy is misinformed. Because if we chose Mangal instead of Rahul, our team score should be reduced by 5 which would leave us tied with Mexico for first place and would result in tie break shoot out. 

Considering that top half is much easier compared to bottom half, IMO it is not a risk worth taking. As for team for Olympics is concerned, lets wait for the team to win quota first and then we (including AAI) can discuss that.

17 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I am still not sure about that. Maybe that guy is misinformed. Because if we chose Mangal instead of Rahul, our team score should be reduced by 5 which would leave us tied with Mexico for first place and would result in tie break shoot out. 

Considering that top half is much easier compared to bottom half, IMO it is not a risk worth taking. As for team for Olympics is concerned, lets wait for the team to win quota first and then we (including AAI) can discuss that.

He is there with the team so maybe he is right. Also aren't the no. of 10s taken into consideration in case of tie? Because there were 2 more ties - Finland and Japan but Finland have more 10s so they are placed higher same with Turkey and Thailand.

So if there is no tie breaker in this case India will still be top seeded as we will have one 10 more than Mexico with Champia in

Man archery team should qualify for Rio. I think it should not be too hard for them, but yes every day or i say every moment is differ in sports. Let's hope for the best, best of luck for Indian Arjuna's...

5 minutes ago, Smit said:

He is there with the team so maybe he is right. Also aren't the no. of 10s taken into consideration in case of tie? Because there were 2 more ties - Finland and Japan but Finland have more 10s so they are placed higher same with Turkey and Thailand.

So if there is no tie breaker in this case India will still be top seeded as we will have one 10 more than Mexico with Champia in

Seems you are right. :yes Lets wait and see. 

India loose 1 - 2 Belgium in the 3rd match of the champions trophy...India now are 3rd place in the table...

Penalty corner and Sreejesh was the low points of the match...The standard of Sreejesh set dint justify the 2 goals against him...The 2 goals conceded were very poor considering he had good saves in the match..

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go