website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

9 minutes ago, kd2008 said:

I believe folks should focus on number of events participating rather than number of athletes. 102 number already includes golf. Some people double count it in hopes of 120.

Large number of events qualified are athletic events without any medal hopes. My guess is 4 to 6 medals this time. Actually disappointed in number of shooters qualified. We should be having a full slate of 22 men and 22 women qualifying.

102 is excluding Golf.

8 hours ago, Vivek said:

With 102 already assured and 10 (5 from women 4x400, 3 from golf and 2 from swimming) almost assure, that means 112 is already assured. Now all depends on men 4x400. If they gets into top 16, i think we will touch 120 mark. Some where i have read that big names of pro boxing is keeping away from Olympics qualifier, and with many of powerhouses already earing the quota, we may get 1-2 from this qualifier. But to get 120, I think men 4x400 is the key. Howmany of you are still hopefull of 120 mark.

I know earlier I had felt it was close to impossible but now I feel it is possible ........let us say 112 as you say ....................

Now boxing is happening at the WSB , I feel one indian boxer may make it so that will bring us to 113 

we can still expect a few more in athletics  - a couple of more quota places ( we did see a sudden spurt of 4 last week alone ) , and many athletes will be inspired and also going through peaking training for this period with - we have many athletes still possible ( I have given the full list below of possibles ) 

( close 16 Individual Max ......of course let us say 20% of them are able to do it - still we may have   3-4 more individual atheletes ) so let us say 116-117

Now the key thing will be that one of the two relays ,make it .....If the mens 4*400 makes it will add 4 new quotas ( excluding Anas one ) we should be at 120-121 and if the womens 100m team makes it it brings us to 119-120 so :fingers:........I feel it would be close to 120 + or - 

Men 

1) sidhanth - 110mh

2) Dharambhir - 200m - Not heard much from him this season

3) Arokia Raj - 400m

4) Lakshmanan -5000m - Not heard much from him this season 

5) Jithin - 400mh

6) Prem - Long Jump 

7) Neeraj and Rajinder - Javelin

8) Renjith and Arpinder - Triple Jump 

9) Basant Rana- 50km walk ( not sure if there are any events left - Is the inter state having walk events ) 

10) obviously the best bet is 4*400 m replay for men which can give us 5 places 

11) Amiya malick - 100m 

Women 

1) Anilda , Poovama - 400m  ( though they would be included in the 5 relay atheletes of 4*400m women so will not add to new quota places ) 

2) Jaisha - 800m/ 1500m

3) Mayookha - Triple Jump

4) Krishna - Discus 

5) Long shot - Womens 4*100 relay but I feel they can go really much faster and since both srabani and duttee have qualified they will not be stressed and can focus on the relay I feel there will a big jump ...... is there time no one knows 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

13 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I know earlier I had felt it was close to impossible but now I feel it is possible ........let us say 112 as you say ....................

Now boxing is happening at the WSB , I feel one indian boxer may make it so that will bring us to 113 

we can still expect a few more in athletics  - a couple of more quota places ( we did see a sudden spurt of 4 last week alone ) , and many athletes will be inspired and also going through peaking training for this period with - we have many athletes still possible ( I have given the full list below of possibles ) 

( close 16 Individual Max ......of course let us say 20% of them are able to do it - still we may have   3-4 more individual atheletes ) so let us say 116-117

Now the key thing will be that one of the two relays ,make it .....If the mens 4*400 makes it will add 4 new quotas ( excluding Anas one ) we should be at 120-121 and if the womens 100m team makes it it brings us to 119-120 so :fingers:........I feel it would be close to 120 + or - 

Men 

1) sidhanth - 110mh

2) Dharambhir - 200m - Not heard much from him this season

3) Arokia Raj - 400m

4) Lakshmanan -5000m - Not heard much from him this season 

5) Jithin - 400mh

6) Prem - Long Jump 

7) Neeraj and Rajinder - Javelin

8) Renjith and Arpinder - Triple Jump 

9) Basant Rana- 50km walk ( not sure if there are any events left - Is the inter state having walk events ) 

10) obviously the best bet is 4*400 m replay for men which can give us 5 places 

Women 

1) Anilda , Poovama - 400m  ( though they would be included in the 5 relay atheletes of 4*400m women so will not add to new quota places ) 

2) Jaisha - 800m/ 1500m

3) Mayookha - Triple Jump

4) Krishna - Discus 

5) Long shot - Womens 4*100 relay but I feel they can go really much faster and since both srabani and duttee have qualified they will not be stressed and can focus on the relay I feel there will a big jump ...... is there time no one knows 

What about Amiya Malik in 100 m men? Last time I repeatedly asked about Srabani Nanda whom you didnt keep in your probable list (refer page 130/131 of this thread) and you ignored my query for the same.. :cry:

This time what is your logic for ignoring Amiya Malik?? 

Edited by tirtha22

1 hour ago, tirtha22 said:

If any Indian swimmer attains A qualification mark , will India still get 2 more invitational places?

No if a man swimmer attains A qualification mark, than through invitational places we can sent only a female swimmer. 

Some are.saying what is the.difference between 102 &120. Medal contenders will remain same. I have big objection on it. Our athlets are qualifying through achieving a target set by international body. Except swimming none will qualify through so called wild card. Many of these standards were even better than our national record. These qualification standard gives inspiration to our athlets to better national record. Now these players main abjective is to earn quota, in sports with out international exposure you cannot create champions. Champions are not born, they are to be created. If our 120 player's achive quota it means our 120 players have crossed a big barrier. It means they have achive a specific international standard. Today those who are working hard for qualification, will be the medal contender tomorrow. I hope the sucess of these 115-120  players who will qualify through qualification process, will give inspiration to our swimmers also, and they too will decide that in 2020 we will atleast have a 3-4 swimmers achieving A qualification standard. Please enjoy the sucess of these 120 players, they have started a new.chapter in our sports. Please dont underestimate their success. Feel proud of them. And hope that minimum of 120 players  will qualify for rio.