website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

@heywoodu Is the IBSF commentator (forgot his name at the time of posting) commentating this race?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@heywoodu Is the IBSF commentator (forgot his name at the time of posting) commentating this race?

Absolutely, yes :cheer: 

Martin Haven, that is. IBSF commentator in winter, motorsports commentator (WTCR, WEC etc) in non-winter. It's always a little weird for me at first, hearing the skeleton and bobsleigh guy commentating motorsports, even though I've been watching/listening for a few years now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Dutch internet must be terrible :p I feel like Verstappen is often plagued by connection issues.

Ah, Verstappen's famous Dutch internet while living in Monaco :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Robert Wickens is racing with a modified rig today! He’s on the team with Jimmy Broadbent, and it’s great to hear that Wickens’ health is good enough to do something like this.

I believe he made his 'debut' in one of the IndyCar virtual races - one later than planned, because his rig wasn't delivered yet in time for the race in which he had planned to make his debut :p 

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely, yes :cheer: 

Martin Haven, that is. IBSF commentator in winter, motorsports commentator (WTCR, WEC etc) in non-winter. It's always a little weird for me at first, hearing the skeleton and bobsleigh guy commentating motorsports, even though I've been watching/listening for a few years now.

His voice is literally the most relaxing sound on the planet. I live for his commentary. It’s always so personal and in-depth. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, Verstappen's famous Dutch internet while living in Monaco :p 

This should tell you how much I follow auto racing nowadays.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

This should tell you how much I follow auto racing nowadays.

If someone is at the very least a decent F1 driver, just assume they live in Monaco :p You won't be right all the time, but chances are you will be :p 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

His voice is literally the most relaxing sound on the planet. I live for his commentary. It’s always so personal and in-depth. 

Yep, and always a perfect mix of being professional and very knowledgeable and simply having an entire aura that says he's having fun and loving what he does.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Martin Haven has been commentating on EuroSport since the 90s and featured in motor sports as primary subject. Back when DTM was still broadcasted there (this from 1994):

The only little annoying thing about the production is that the LED lights on the cars show their position and not their actual number, meaning their numbers are almost impossible to spot in the dark and so it's a little hard to know who you're looking at.