website statistics

Summer Sports World Championships Medal Counts in the Road to Tokyo 2020

Sindo

2 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Does it include all the sports? Like karate, for example.

Does it obey the rules of qualification system? Like max. national quota in weightlifting, for example?

Great work, anyway. Congratulations.

Yes, it includes all the Olympic sports and events, with at the events be considered at least once in the quadriennium. Karate will have the World Championships in November 2018. Boxing is still missing because of course we are waiting news from AIBA and IOC ;)

No, qualification rules are not considered. Even because it would be impossible to artificially assign medals to athletes who didn't win medals at the world championships.

Just now, rafalgorka said:

Or did you add 2 bronze medals in individual fencing?

Yes, I did. I know in Olympics this will not happen, but World Championships have priority in this case. It would be impossible to decide to which of the 2 athletes we should assign the bronze. Same thing happened in Table Tennis where in World Championships athletes from 2 different nations can compete in doubles. This won't happen at the Olympics, but I assigned medals to both nations.

Przed chwilą, Sindo napisał:

Yes, I did. I know in Olympics this will not happen, but World Championships have priority in this case. It would be impossible to decide to which of the 2 athletes we should assign the bronze. Same thing happened in Table Tennis where in World Championships athletes from 2 different nations can compete in doubles. This won't happen at the Olympics, but I assigned medals to both nations.

Yes, but if you do it this way, all these medal predictions by nation are not really convincing.

But it's just a little problem. Your work is fantastic apart from that

4 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Yes, but if you do it this way, all these medal predictions by nation are not really convincing.

But it's just a little problem. Your work is fantastic apart from that

Thank you!

Actually what is not really convincing is...The world championships, which use different rules/systems :p I try to replicate the Olympics criteria as much as possible, but sometimes is just not possible and we have to use another criteria. If Fencing doesn't add the bronze medal match in world championships, I can not invent the result :p

1 minutę temu, Sindo napisał:

Thank you!

Actually what is not really convincing is...The world championships, which use different rules/systems :p I try to replicate the Olympics criteria as much as possible, but sometimes is just not possible and we have to use another criteria. If Fencing doesn't add the bronze medal match in world championships, I can not invent the result :p

I dunno, maybe to add 1 bronze medal to a fencer who has better place in world rankings after the WCH? The same problem with tennis

4 minuty temu, Sindo napisał:

Thank you!

Or in weightlifting. we have 7 categories for women and 4 contenders available to participate in Tokyo. Let's say China will win 4 golds in WCH 2018, don't count their silvers then,

7 minut temu, Sindo napisał:

Thank you!

And how did you add the results for men and women's team artistic gymnastics?

• 2 weeks later...