website statistics

World Roller Games 2017

De_Gambassi

Il y a 1 heure , phelps a déclaré:

p.s. today I watched ITA vs POR (and yesterday ARG vs POR)...and there were at least 100/150 spectators (yesterday a bit more than today, to be honest)...so, a few (very few) tickets have been sold...:rofl::p

100/150 spectators will be generous for the ARG-FRA games tbh.

Is it too early to call the games a failure ?

Edited by De_Gambassi

http://rollergames.tv/live/?liveId=A217BCEBB2594BDF8FE2E65131DBF6630254

France-Portugal in Rink Hockey live..

We're drawing Portugal 2-2 for the moment :cheer:, We're probably going to loose at the end like we always do. But if we win that, we will send Portugal to play for the 9-16th places :rofl:

Edit: 2-2 at half-time :cheer:

Edited by De_Gambassi

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Empate ! :cheer: 4-4 ! :cheer:

@phelps are there any shot outs in case of draw ?

Edit: 5-4  ! OMG !

3 mns to go !

if they didn't change the rules this season, no...not in the group phase, at least...

each tem would get 1 point in the standings and then they should look at the goal difference, then the most goals scored...

il y a 3 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

if they didn't change the rules this season, no...not in the group phase, at least...

each tem would get 1 point in the standings and then they should look at the goal difference, then the most goals scored...

so, right now (5-5), we're fucked ? 

15 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

100/150 spectators will be generous for the ARG-FRA games tbh.

Is it too early to call the games a failure ?

well, since I don't know how many people are folowing the other disciplines, I don't have any clue to give you an answer that makes sense...

for sure, Rink Hockey doesn't have as much followers in China as it would get in Southern Europe or in South America...

il y a 14 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

well, since I don't know how many people are folowing the other disciplines, I don't have any clue to give you an answer that makes sense...

for sure, Rink Hockey doesn't have as much followers in China as it would get in Southern Europe or in South America...

A failure in the sense, that one of the (if not the) points of these games was probably to make each of these disciplines bigger by holding them together, and not just one by one. Just like the Olympics are making every sport bigger by holding them together (to a much, much lesser scale obv.)

I don't really know neither if it is working for the other roller disciplines (doesn't look like it is though), but for both hockey, it really doesen't. 

If anything, both hockey are losing  (attendance, media attention, etc.) with these Worl roller Games if you comparethem to previous world championships.

9 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yeah...

Thanks, to this fantastic drawing system, having 3 great games against 3 of the best 4 teams will lead us to play for the 9-16th places. Fantastic.

yeah, I think this system is really unfair for the second tier teams and a gift to the third tier teams...

on the other hand, I understand the idea of the International Federation to limit the humiliating scores for those smaller teams like Austria, South Africa and so on, avoiding them to play in the group phase against the big powerhouses like Spain, Argentina and Portugal (who normally score tons of goals against those smaller Hockey Nations)...

I guess that they should find something different half way from this but not going back to the old 35-0 days...

let's see what they decide in the next few seasons about it...