website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

vor 17 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

And that's 21.14m and a new world junior record (again) for Bukowiecki :d 

If that guy has any of the "championship genes" of Majewski, he's gonna be hard to beat in Rio. 

Are you trolling again or just kidding?

There is no way he will fight for silver or gold and there are at least 3 guys who have much better chances for bronze. I think top 8 would be an amazing result for him in Rio. Its gonna be really interesting to see where he will be in 2 or 3 years. I thought that he was just another Jacko Gill, considering that he is already as muscular as all the top guys, so i didnt think that he would ever come close to 22 m, but i might have been wrong, maybe he can be a serious medal contender at a global stage by 2017 already.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you trolling again or just kidding?

There is no way he will fight for silver or gold and there are at least 3 guys who have much better chances for bronze. I think top 8 would be an amazing result for him in Rio. Its gonna be really interesting to see where he will be in 2 or 3 years. I thought that he was just another Jacko Gill, considering that he is already as muscular as all the top guys, so i didnt think that he would ever come close to 22 m, but i might have been wrong, maybe he can be a serious medal contender at a global stage by 2017 already.

Nope, I am not trolling, which is of course obvious.

He keeps improving and improving and now already thew over 21 meters again. If he keeps improving in the next months and has the championship genes of Majewski, he is definitely capable of throwing 21.50m and that's always a distance that puts you right up in the medal fight.

Read careful: if he has Majewski's "championship genes". Majewski always and everywhere is at his very best at major championships and throws by far his best distances. If Bukowiecki can do that too (again, if) and actually already reach the 21.50m, he simply will be in the medal fight.

Normally I'd say Storl (is he fit?) could be considered the favourite together with Kovacs, a fight which if both are fit in my opinion is somewhat 50/50. Obviously there are quite a number of athletes who are able to fight for the medals and Bukowiecki simply is one of them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

89.30m for Röhler :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I see Storl only had 2 competitions so far this year, is he injured or something? I really hope not, shot put can be one of the best fights in Rio. 

Talay disqualified, such a sad sight :(

Talay :hearts:

And that's an injury and potentially the end for Kim Collins, at least as far as Rio is concerned :( 

Edited by heywoodu

well new top 3 place for Spanovic. I really don't remember when she finished without medal (or top 3) on some competiton. :) You can predict medal at OG without problem. Bronze is most realistic.

Edited by dareza

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

well new top 3 place for Spanovic. I really don't remember when she finished without medal (or top 3) on some competiton. :)

That's gonna be an awesome fight in Rio with several potential 7m+ jumpers all at once :)