website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

@Olympian1010 I am hoping you know this one as I know you watch Winter sports :d

If you are not 100% sure let me know but I would like your thoughts anyway.

I think unfortunately these skaters were competitive a little before my time. My gut says go for C, but your guess is as good as mine. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think unfortunately these skaters were competitive a little before my time. My gut says go for C, but your guess is as good as mine. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help here.

That's no problem. C and D were the 2 I was thinking are least likely and since athletes usually have numbers already, I thought numbers would be too confusing also. But I can't be sure that any of the options are incorrect so I have to skip this question and ask for another. Can I use my second lifeline?

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

That's no problem. C and D were the 2 I was thinking are least likely and since athletes usually have numbers already, I thought numbers would be too confusing also. But I can't be sure that any of the options are incorrect so I have to skip this question and ask for another. Can I use my second lifeline?

You can skip and it was a wise decision having done that.

Originally, the two were given the letters "L" and "S" for "large" and "small" but the older Yang didn't like the "L" so it became an "A" instead.

And TV graphics showed Yang Yang (A) / (S) or even Yang (A) Yang / Yang (S) Yang.

Pts. 32,000

What helped the audience distinguishing between the two

short track speed skaters Yang Yang, born 1976 and Yang Yang, born 1977?

A: 1 and 2   B: A and S
  C: Dragon and Snake                      D: Yin and Yang                            

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

@OlympicIRL

Here is your switched question for Pts. 32,000:

Lights-Q10

Pts. 32,000

Which US state voted to omit "and Providence Plantations" from its official name

it held since 1790 in a November 2020 amendment?

A: Pennsylvania   B: Massachusetts                     
  C: New Hampshire                      D: Rhode Island

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.