website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

hace 5 minutos, Federer91 said:

Well, ASO could really want a Quintana win. :d

As far as the rules go Froome should be DQed, because like i said, it is illegal to run without a bike, like it is a marathon and get one when it is convenient, but given the circumstances i think they will let it go.

Froome only needs to cross the line with a bike. Any bike. He won't be DQ'd

I'm still confused as to what exactly happened, but in my opinion the right thing would be for Froome and Porte to get the same time as Mollema, with the rest of course behind them. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bauke is angry :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

very seriously thinking to change my avatar for this one ...:mumble: sport picture of the year ?

9d7501a5bc.jpg

:p 

Just now, hckosice said:

In any case, I'm glad that they neutralized today's stage. We can think what we want about Froom, but he was the leader of the race and the accident wasn´t his fault. so I think it's fair.

It depends on what they did (I'm still not sure)...if all they did was giving Froome and Porte the same time as Mollema, that's sort of fair. Of course the likes of Quintana were already dropped from those and would have lost a decent amount of time anyway.. 

Tour de France 2016

:FRA Various Cities (FRA) - 02.07.2016 - 24.07.2016 :FRA

le-tour-logo.jpg

Stage 12

Montpellier  -  Mont Ventoux (Chalet-Reynard)

Stage Result

:BEL Thomas DE GENDT

4:31:51

:BEL Serge PAUWELS

+2

:ESP Daniel NAVARRO

+14

4. Stef CLEMENT  :NED +40

5. Sylvain CHAVANEL :FRA +40

6. Bert Jan LINDEMAN :NED +2:52

7. Daniel TEKLEHAIMANOT :ERI +3:13

8. Sep VANMARCKE :BEL +3:26

9. Chris Anker SORENSEN :DEN +4:23

10. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED +5:05

General Standing After Stage 12/21

1. Christopher FROOME  :GBR  57:11:33

2. Adam YATES :GBR  +47

3. Nairo QUINTANA :COL  +54

4. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED  +56

5. Romain BARDET  :FRA  +1:15

6. Alejandro VALVERDE :ESP  +1:32

7. Tejay VAN GARDEREN :USA  +1:32

8. Fabio ARU :ITA  +1:54

9. Daniel MARTIN :IRL  +1:56

10. Joaquin RODRIGUEZ OLIVER :ESP  +2:11

Jerseys After Stage 12/21

Yellow Jersey

:GBR Christopher FROOME

57:11:33

2. Adam YATES :GBR 

+47

3. Nairo QUINTANA :COL 

+54

Green Jersey

:SVK Peter SAGAN

2. Mark CAVENDISH :GBR 

3. Marcel KITTEL :GER 

Polka Dot Jersey

:BEL Thomas DE GENDT

2. Thibaut PINOT :FRA 

3. Rafal MAJKA :POL 

White Jersey

:GBR Adam YATES

57:12:20

2. Louis MEINTJES  :RSA 

+1:42

3. Warren BARGUIL  :FRA 

+3:41

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

It depends on what they did (I'm still not sure)...if all they did was giving Froome and Porte the same time as Mollema, that's sort of fair. Of course the likes of Quintana were already dropped from those and would have lost a decent amount of time anyway.. 

so only Mollema, Porte and Froome (the 3 involved in the accident) get the same time.