website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Unbeliavable scenes.:yikes: Froome running without a bike is illegal by the way.

But how much is legal and is not? Surely it's not illegal to run if your reserve bike is 10m ahead, so where's the line? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, apparently Froome crashed into the back of a moto and took down Mollema and Porte with him as well. Mollema got back on his bike very quickly then :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well there we had the video but still not clear what happened. Looks like some of the fucking idiots on the side of the road caused the crash (again).. 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well there we had the video but still not clear what happened. Looks like some of the fucking idiots on the side of the road caused the crash (again).. 

Yeah, it looks like the bike stopped sharply as to not go through the fans and then the 3 riders just crashed in the back, because it happened so quickly and there wasn't enough room.

Edited by Federer91

Just now, Federer91 said:

Yeah, it looks like the bike stopped sharply as to not go through the fans and then the 3 riders just crashed in the back, because it happened so quickly and there wasn't enough room.

Twitter is already full with "those fucking motos again", but I really doubt a moto would stop in the middle of the road without a reason like some "fans" being in front of it... 

I once mountainbiked down the Ventoux (through the forest from Chalet Reynard to Bedoin) by the way, much calmer than the sides of the roads :d 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Twitter is already full with "those fucking motos again", but I really doubt a moto would stop in the middle of the road without a reason like some "fans" being in front of it... 

Well, ASO could really want a Quintana win. :d

As far as the rules go Froome should be DQed, because like i said, it is illegal to run without a bike, like it is a marathon and get one when it is convenient, but given the circumstances i think they will let it go.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well, ASO could really want a Quintana win. :d

As far as the rules go Froome should be DQed, because like i said, it is illegal to run without a bike, like it is a marathon and get one when it is convenient, but given the circumstances i think they will let it go.

Given the circumstances they should definitely not DQ Froome in my opinion, that'd be bullshit..

I'm also curious where it says you can't run at all, or where in the rules the exact number of meters you can run is stated :p 

If they want a Quintana win they're pretty desperate, because Quintana was really weak today...long ago that I saw him like that in a race where he actually wants to win!